Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3094552 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #700 on: July 05, 2006, 12:02:23 am »
Nice pictures Leslie!  Quite the Lobsterfest!  :)

This is the whole crew, getting ready to cook the lobsters. The kid with the grey eyes is the one wearing the hat. (Click on the picture for a bigger view)

And of course, the kid with the grey eyes has got to be the only one looking down at his lobster ...  ::) You could've gotten him to look up Leslie...  Look UP Brian!  ;D

Hehe ...guess what I cooked for supper tonight?  Yap, chili!  and guess who I was thinking about the entire time ... uh huh! ... ;)  *sigh*

« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 12:08:27 am by Lucise »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #701 on: July 05, 2006, 12:05:45 am »
More pics from the Stallion
Left to right:  Rudy,  Leon, Lang"

Leon and Lang are spot-on!  ;D  Just how I imagined 'em! 

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #702 on: July 05, 2006, 04:23:15 am »
??? Louise?  I confessed to being 3 chapters behind the other day, and now you think I haven't even started this volume?!  And after I gave you feedback on Chapter 55  (including a spoiler warning, I might add)  Huuuummm.  There ain't another LoveEmBoys round here, is there?

M

sorry sorry sorry... I thought it was you over on davecullen because of a similarity in avatars.  I didn't realize till long after that it was TwistsBitch who hadn't started LfA!!!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #703 on: July 05, 2006, 04:26:41 am »
I love the bar boys David!!!!!

Okay, back to work for a while today... sorry things have dropped off again but... we started a new project phase and... we're pushing.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #704 on: July 05, 2006, 05:24:36 am »
The Lobster event looked like it was a big success.  Did you serve coffee and Cherry cake afterwards?     :)

No, strawberry shortcake. It is strawberry season here in Maine!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #705 on: July 05, 2006, 05:38:50 am »

I am still waiting for someone to identify the Disney kid. Anyone?

I was going to say Tim Considine but I guess that looks more like Tim standing behind him. (I'm thinking "Spin and Marty" here - anyone remember that series on Mickey Mouse Club? It had horses in it so I never missed it!)

I think you are right on both counts...Tim to the left and yes, a pic from Spin and Marty. I loved that too...remember the when one of them teaches the other how to catch snipes?

Since no one has guessed the other kid, I'll give the answer: Tommy Kirk. Star of Ol'Yeller and various other films, had a long term contract with Disney but was immediately released from it in 1964 when they found out he was gay. He was 23 at the time. More info at IMDb:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0456565/bio

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #706 on: July 05, 2006, 07:25:43 am »
I read and shared your very ncie tribute on Davecullen, but of course CityGirl came back with guns blazing.

I swear, I wouldn't want to live in the world that CityGirl et al. live in, where people can only have one love in their lives and after that, are doomed to a life of misery and loneliness.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #707 on: July 05, 2006, 07:42:20 am »
I am reminded of an episode of Seinfeld where George Constanza says to Jerry, "There is more to that Newman than meets the eye," and Jerry replies "Oh no, there's less.  Much less."

Offline David

« Reply #708 on: July 05, 2006, 07:51:39 am »
Since no one has guessed the other kid, I'll give the answer: Tommy Kirk. Star of Ol'Yeller and various other films, had a long term contract with Disney but was immediately released from it in 1964 when they found out he was gay. He was 23 at the time. More info at IMDb:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0456565/bio

Tommy Kirk?    

Geeez!   I'll never be able to watch Swiss Family Robinson the same way again!

I always thought those two sons on the island were getting into more mischief than we saw!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #709 on: July 05, 2006, 08:03:08 am »
Thanks Louise. My powder isn't dry just yet.

Magicmountain

Welcome to Bettermost, welcome to Ennis and Ellery-land. Glad to have you with us. I have followed your comments over on dc and they have a great deal of insight. I look forward to having you join our discussion.

L
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 09:39:08 am by MaineWriter »