Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3094494 times)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #860 on: July 07, 2006, 04:10:56 pm »
Jenny, what do you mean "I just got another..."? Not following you here...

Leslie

Check your PM. :)

In 5 minutes.  I tried to send you two, but the browser just got frozen on me.  Will try again.

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #861 on: July 07, 2006, 04:15:11 pm »
I like that you give both ennis and ellery chances to be both leading and following depending on the situations.
Every body has times when they can lead and take charge of certain things, and other times when they just follow along and be led.
I think it shows them both as more human with each other when there is an interchange of strengths and weaknesses, that are not all the same all the time.
I think every real relationship has give and take in both strength and who does what, and the interchanges are what makes things fresh and gives one a new perspective into themselves and their relationship.  That is just my own take on it, and I sort of joined these stories and stay through them all!

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #862 on: July 07, 2006, 04:19:05 pm »
ALL:

My attempt to meet our post goal:

Not trying to start trouble, some of the below have been discussed.  I didn’t have time at the time to join in, so thought I would drop some random thoughts on the board.

-
-While I am glad that E & E are Having a good time at it. And maybe I am just naïve, but where in Laramie is Ellery getting his joy sticks?  Toys R US? 

-

Bob

HEEE heeee --well I don't know that Ellery gets his toys in Laramie!! LOL
I get all mine mail order catalog from some weird publication ad I found when I was in college umpteen years ago--and they would send a new catalog with every order-so I always kept one!!  My hubby about fell over when he saw the one I had after we were married---but he reaps the benefit, so he really likes it now!! LOL

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #863 on: July 07, 2006, 04:21:42 pm »
This post is rated PG 13.

Yep.

Mail Order. Plain Brown Wrapper!

By the way!!!

We are in CHAT right now, if you want to join a bunch of us in chat just click on the "CHAT" button with the red lips and it will let you into the chat room!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #864 on: July 07, 2006, 04:23:05 pm »
Chapter 63  Spoiler

Dammit Louisev!

You got me crying like a weepy old lady when Junior finds out who Worrell is.

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #865 on: July 07, 2006, 04:25:37 pm »
you do?

Is this a consensus?  You guys liked Ellery doing his Hotshot thing in Taking Chances and Looking for Answers?
Indeed, indeed.
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline pastorfred

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • retired, free-lance, non-denominational pastor
    • spirituality handbook
« Reply #866 on: July 07, 2006, 04:31:22 pm »
Chapter 63  Spoiler

Dammit Louisev!

You got me crying like a weepy old lady when Junior finds out who Worrell is.

My feelings, exactly, David! What got my waterworks going was Ennis' crying.
Peace be with y'all,
Fred

Offline neatfreak

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #867 on: July 07, 2006, 05:50:22 pm »
I like the yin/yang of strength between the two men: Ellery in his work, Ennis in bed. While Ennis remains strong in his work as well, it is Ellery who takes the leadership role in public. I think  most people find confidence one of the greatest aphrodisiacs there is. I love that both men express confidence, each in his own arena and each in a complementary fashion to the other. Their respective emotional vulnerability is balanced by their strong personalities and strengthened by their partner's loving care. So, in a word:  yes, Louise, I like hotshot Ellery. And I like how comfortable he is taking the submissive role at home. Confidence is sexy!

Wish I could stay, but I gotta go. Check back in later.

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #868 on: July 07, 2006, 05:53:19 pm »
I haven't much to say, but I thought I'd let you all know I'm still here and following closely.  The comments are so good I can't come up with anything to add.  I love the gallery Lucise!  Th e people, the food, the helpers, the horses, the house, everything.  But I still think KC is my idea of Ellery.  However, the Ellery you all like is a great second best for me.

What a wonderful story!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #869 on: July 07, 2006, 06:01:40 pm »
I always wanted Keith Carradine, except his nose was just a little too big, ya know?  Hey Keith, can you do the nose job for this story?  hehehe... whichever Ellery works for you!  Some people still think of Matthew McConnaughy!

Glad you are still following along scudder, this thread is getting to be one of the most hopping places on the board!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”