Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1000798 times)

injest

Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #280 on: November 17, 2008, 08:17:59 pm »
Skipped breakfast, except for a cracker as I was packing my lunch, and except for a pint of English Bfast Tea with honey and half and half. 

I noticed that maybe people prefer not to have others tell them if their meals are healthy enough?  I like hearing everything everyone eats, and maybe people can keep their opinions to themselves if they are perturbed?  I just found this thread, and hope the sharing will continue.

Lunch I'm packing to eat with friends: refriend beans, kale, rye crackers, persimmons.

Dinner I'm hoping will be 2 skinny but breaded and fried pork chops, baked po, buttah, veg, salad, small piece a pie.  I've been thinkin about them pork chops for at least a couple of days, and now I have the chance to go to this little pseudo-diner that serves all that for about $7.95.  I say "pseudo" because it ain't no New York area diner with a menu the size of a telephone book.

I've got some black beans in the crockpot.  Not sure what I'll do with them tomorrow.  Maybe soft corn tacos of the black beans and sweet potato with a sort of lime/yogurt dressing, like they serve at Agua Verde, the little restaurant on the water that I took the lovely Amanda, Lynne, and Roux this summer.  Although when I think about that visit to the restaurant, all I can remember are the incredible ribs Roux and I shared.  Dang, forgot about those.

hey anyone is allowed to comment on MY meals..I KNOW mine aren't healthy, I LIKE to hear what people have to say, that is kinda the point to me..the back and forth, but I won't say anything about yours Clarissa.

tonight we are having pork chops (fried, is there any other way? Not according to my husband) and I have no idea what veggie...I think I still have some corn in the freezer, and maybe some boiled red potatoes. I make rolls yesterday and there is still some dough in the fridge.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #281 on: November 17, 2008, 09:24:47 pm »
hey anyone is allowed to comment on MY meals..I KNOW mine aren't healthy, I LIKE to hear what people have to say, that is kinda the point to me..the back and forth, but I won't say anything about yours Clarissa.

tonight we are having pork chops (fried, is there any other way? Not according to my husband) and I have no idea what veggie...I think I still have some corn in the freezer, and maybe some boiled red potatoes. I make rolls yesterday and there is still some dough in the fridge.

You copying me?

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #282 on: November 17, 2008, 09:56:20 pm »
breakfast was a protein bar.

lunch was some tri color pasta and two meat balls.

Dinner was some sliced ham steak, and mashed taters.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #283 on: November 18, 2008, 09:14:16 pm »
Hey there, Matt - thanks for the baked beans info!  I hope you get diner food and Chunky Monkey and elk and beans on your visit!

I can't remember ever eating in a New Jersey diner specifically, but there are traditional diners scattered north of there as well in New York state and Connecticut.

Today was not a good day for the diet...latte for breakfast, cheeseburger for lunch, beef and broccoli stir-fry for dinner...Tomorrow is another day.

::)

Edit:  And for the record, all may feel free to disparage my nutritional choices...I know how bad they usually are! ::) ;)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

pnwDUDE

« Reply #284 on: November 18, 2008, 10:08:31 pm »
Breakfast: Beans

Lunch: Rice

Dinner: Spaghetti (cooking)

A carb extravaganza!

Brad

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #285 on: November 19, 2008, 08:17:24 am »
Hey there, Matt - thanks for the baked beans info!  I hope you get diner food and Chunky Monkey and elk and beans on your visit!

I can't remember ever eating in a New Jersey diner specifically, but there are traditional diners scattered north of there as well in New York state and Connecticut.

Today was not a good day for the diet...latte for breakfast, cheeseburger for lunch, beef and broccoli stir-fry for dinner...Tomorrow is another day.

::)

Edit:  And for the record, all may feel free to disparage my nutritional choices...I know how bad they usually are! ::) ;)

Thanks, I am really looking forward to a holiday, and food is all part of it. I mean the sights are great, but I tend to eat my way around the world too. Its all part of a holiday to me. Reading all the posts on this thread underline how different we are.

Breakfast oops slept in
Lunch 2 prawns, a little fish and rice
Dinner no time
Supper cheese on toast with a little sugar, put under the grill and sugar 
          will caramelise

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #286 on: November 19, 2008, 10:32:54 am »
breakfast - egg and cheese on wheat.

lunch - chicken noodle soup and crackers.

dinner - pizza

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #287 on: November 19, 2008, 05:47:30 pm »
Break - toasted cheese open face sandwich, pear and persimmon slices
Mid-morning - milk choc w hazelnuts
Lunch - broiled mushrooms, oven-fried sweet potato French fries
Dinner - probably that pork chop meal I never did get the other night

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #288 on: November 19, 2008, 05:49:15 pm »
breakfast: sandwishes
lunch: sandwishes
dinner: meatloaf

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #289 on: November 19, 2008, 06:14:12 pm »
Break - toasted cheese open face sandwich, pear and persimmon slices
Mid-morning - milk choc w hazelnuts
Lunch - broiled mushrooms, oven-fried sweet potato French fries
Dinner - probably that pork chop meal I never did get the other night

I never have seen let alone tried persimmons but after looking up wikipedia they're another thing to add to the must try/eat list! ;)