Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1000903 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #330 on: November 30, 2008, 12:43:33 am »
Steak for supper, my favorite  ;D

injest

« Reply #331 on: November 30, 2008, 04:41:26 pm »
Steak for supper, my favorite  ;D

I know SEVERAL men that agree!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #332 on: November 30, 2008, 04:50:17 pm »
I know SEVERAL men that agree!

Omelete, bacon, and toast for lunch.

Supper - I don't know yet  ;)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #333 on: November 30, 2008, 05:01:56 pm »
That sounds very good David and I'm glad you pull off the shrimp tails. I always hate to have to dig out my food to pull the tail off. It's messy.

Speaking of messy, I had a very good dinner while visiting my mother in Oklahoma City over the holiday. We went to a place called Crabtown. They put butcher paper over the table and then dumped a bucket of corn, crab, shrimp, potatoes, andouille sausage, and grilled onions right on the table. Then we dug in with our hands. Yummy!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #334 on: November 30, 2008, 05:31:23 pm »

That seems like a meal that a teenaged boy would love, Lee.  lol..fun

My breakfast was a cup of mocha coffee and hot chocolate mixed....yum.

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #335 on: November 30, 2008, 05:39:42 pm »
Breakfast was a Special K bar.

Lunch was fillet mignon and corn, and mashed potatoes.

dinner is two veggie burgers, no buns.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #336 on: December 02, 2008, 12:22:17 am »
I am so lucky that I am having gourmet week extraordinaire!  As I've posted elsewhere, I have company this week and we're staying at the beach!

Dinner last night was an appetizer tray with fruits and stinky cheeses, including Stilton, Emmantaler, Chevre, and smoked Gouda.  We followed this up with steamed crab legs with drawn lemon butter.  A nice red wine to drink.

Tonight is poached salmon, stuffed with crab, and topped with a hollandaise sauce (V prepared the salmon and I made the sauce!)...dessert wine upcoming.

So...anyone want to start a pool about how many pounds I can gain between now and Sunday?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 02:42:39 pm by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #337 on: December 02, 2008, 02:35:14 am »
I am so lucky that I am having gourmet week extraordinaire!  As I've posted elsewhere, I have company this week and we're staying at the beach!

Dinner last night was an appetizer tray with fruits and stinky cheeses, including Stilton, Emmantaler, Chevre, and smoked Gouda.  We followed this up with steamed crab legs with drawn lemon butter.  A nice red wine to drink.

Tonight is poached salmon, stuffed with crab, and topped with a hollandaise sauce (Vicki prepared the salmon and I made the sauce!)...dessert wine upcoming.

So...anyone want to start a pool about how many pounds I can gain between now and Sunday?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You're at the beach right now Lynne? That sounds like so much fun!! Did I tell you my niece's husband is from Jacksonville, Florida? He's a real nice guy. Very good looking too. He calls me "Uncle David" sometimes! :laugh:

Anyhow re the stinking cheese: Just as long as you didn't have any limburger or stinking bishop in there you should be okay. I'm not a big fan of cheese but I've smelled those two and they are AWFUL!!! Peee-UUU!

Have fun at the beach. I wish I was there. It sounds pretty good just about now.

Me:

Breakfast: Grapefruit

Lunch: skipped it

Dinner: skipped it

(I have a terrible cold right now. ) :P

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #338 on: December 02, 2008, 02:58:20 am »
You're at the beach right now Lynne? That sounds like so much fun!! Did I tell you my niece's husband is from Jacksonville, Florida? He's a real nice guy. Very good looking too. He calls me "Uncle David" sometimes! :laugh:

Anyhow re the stinking cheese: Just as long as you didn't have any limburger or stinking bishop in there you should be okay. I'm not a big fan of cheese but I've smelled those two and they are AWFUL!!! Peee-UUU!

Have fun at the beach. I wish I was there. It sounds pretty good just about now.

Me:

Breakfast: Grapefruit

Lunch: skipped it

Dinner: skipped it

(I have a terrible cold right now. ) :P

Sorry you're feeling poorly - get well soon, Friend.  :-* :-*

Yep - at a condo in St. Augustine.  It's about 40 minutes from work, which compared to some of my commutes is a piece of cake.  I'm trying to go in early so I can get out in time for a couple of hours of daylight before sunset.  I wish you were here too.  Now that I'm back on the right side of the country, maybe we can try again for that Kentucky pow-wow this fall.

Nope - I didn't know(or remember) about your niece's husband.  Do they still live around here?

8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #339 on: December 02, 2008, 03:11:29 am »
Sorry you're feeling poorly - get well soon, Friend.  :-* :-*

Yep - at a condo in St. Augustine.  It's about 40 minutes from work, which compared to some of my commutes is a piece of cake.  I'm trying to go in early so I can get out in time for a couple of hours of daylight before sunset.  I wish you were here too.  Now that I'm back on the right side of the country, maybe we can try again for that Kentucky pow-wow this fall.

Nope - I didn't know(or remember) about your niece's husband.  Do they still live around here?

8)

I miss Florida. I lived in South Florida (Plantation/Fort Lauderdale) for roughly two years and I loved it!! Someday I will move back down there again, probably to the West Coast somewhere around Fort Myers or Golden Gate. I have lots of friends and family down there. I love it.

Anyway, no, Jason lives up HERE now! He's in Indianapolis. I think they may both move down to Florida in the future. I think Jason misses his home and family and Christy loves it down there. Actually that could turn out to be a good thing in the long run, if I end up moving back down there too. We may still be 350 miles apart from each other, but it's much better than 700 miles! :)

I didn't mean to send this thread OT everyone. Sorry about that!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.