Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1000814 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #410 on: December 19, 2008, 03:53:45 pm »
Baby it's cold outside!! BRRRRR!

So, with that in mind, I fix the following meals today:

Breakfast: Biscuits and gravy - spicy pork gravy over warm homemade biscuits, a glass of orange juice and a cup of hot tea.

Lunch: Tuna fish sandwich with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. Side of potato chips. Glass of milk. (Tuna fish is the ONLY fish I like, although I'm fond of other seafoods such as crab, lobster, shrimp and scallops)

Dinner: I'm at Dad's house today, so I'm planning to make Lemon Chicken Piccata - Sauteed chicken breasts with a white wine-lemon butter sauce, capers and mushrooms. Tossed salad.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #411 on: December 19, 2008, 03:57:58 pm »

No meals--I kinda grazed today---people brought stuff to work...pumpkin bread, sausage balls, veggies and dip, fudge, etc., ....and I tasted it. 
:-X :P 8) :D

:laugh:  :laugh:

Shasta, you're so cute!  :-*

Excellent choice. I'll see you at David's place!  :D

(Oops, maybe we'd better check with David first.)

David . . . . .  ;D

There's always room at my table for my fellow Brokie friends! You're welcome any time little buddy! :D

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #412 on: December 22, 2008, 02:05:59 am »

Dinner: I'm at Dad's house today, so I'm planning to make Lemon Chicken Piccata - Sauteed chicken breasts with a white wine-lemon butter sauce, capers and mushrooms. Tossed salad.

Mmmmmmmmmm, will you make that for me one day, David?  I love that whole lemon/caper/butter/mushroom meld.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #413 on: December 22, 2008, 02:10:10 am »
Breakfast - I don't think I had any.
Lunch - a pastiche of leftovers.  A little corn chowder my mom made, some "soycatash" (succotash made with edamame instead of lima beans, from Trader Joe's), some mac and cheese, some rye melba toast with Bavarian Blue cheese, more pears, and a big green salad.
Dinner - Soup with cabbage, carrots, celery, mix of beans, rice, canned diced tomatoes, veggie bouillon cube made in the crockpot.  Rye bread made in the bread machine.
Later - Another bowl of soup and another slice of bread.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #414 on: December 22, 2008, 03:20:15 am »

Mmmmmmmmmm, will you make that for me one day, David?  I love that whole lemon/caper/butter/mushroom meld.

Sure I'll make it for you!!

Chicken is a wonderful comfort food, especially in the winter. It helps keep you warm against the cold outside.

I had a pizza for dinner tonight. A frozen one. But I dressed it up with all kinds of goodies and it was pretty good. :)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #415 on: December 23, 2008, 02:49:18 pm »

David, I had Lemon Chicken Piccata last night!  I love the combination of lemon and capers, and I served it over mini penne pasta. 

Breakfast this morning - there was a sale on Dannon Yogurt this week, and I noticed they had a coffee yogurt, which I'd never tried before.  Since I like yogurt and I love coffee, I thought this would be a good thing.  I was wrong. LOL.  It wasn't inedible, but the tang of the yogurt and the coffee flavor wasn't a good combo, imo.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline ZK

« Reply #416 on: December 29, 2008, 12:59:20 am »
I know I am a bit late for sharing what I had on Christmas day but better late than never

Breakfast and lunch was at work, nothing out of the ordiinary except for a chocolate Santa

Dinner: Turkey, stuffing, carrots and parsnips, peas (didn't touch them), brussel sprouts stuffed with almonds
           new potatoes (its summer over here), and the just the best gravy, dessert was cherry trifle and home made
           plum duff. We had champers and dessert wine to finish off

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #417 on: December 29, 2008, 03:15:00 am »
David, I had Lemon Chicken Piccata last night!  I love the combination of lemon and capers, and I served it over mini penne pasta. 

Breakfast this morning - there was a sale on Dannon Yogurt this week, and I noticed they had a coffee yogurt, which I'd never tried before.  Since I like yogurt and I love coffee, I thought this would be a good thing.  I was wrong. LOL.  It wasn't inedible, but the tang of the yogurt and the coffee flavor wasn't a good combo, imo.

Marie

I love it too Marie!! :D

And it's not at all difficult to make. I love it during the winter time!

I know I am a bit late for sharing what I had on Christmas day but better late than never

Breakfast and lunch was at work, nothing out of the ordiinary except for a chocolate Santa

Dinner: Turkey, stuffing, carrots and parsnips, peas (didn't touch them), brussel sprouts stuffed with almonds
           new potatoes (its summer over here), and the just the best gravy, dessert was cherry trifle and home made
           plum duff. We had champers and dessert wine to finish off

That sounds like a wonderful Christmas meal Matt! What is plum duff and champers? I'm not familiar with it.

Tonight I made Thai Mango Shrimp - Thai marinated shrimp stir fried with mango, red pepper and chive, and pan tossed with crisp vegetables and Asian noodles.

Yummy! :)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #418 on: December 29, 2008, 03:18:43 am »
Dang, there are some good cooks around here.  I oughta go ta Mexico cooking classes.

Offline ZK

« Reply #419 on: December 29, 2008, 06:13:21 am »
Hi David

Champers is slang for champagne and plum duff :

Traditionally steamed in  muslin cloth, the rich, dark and full-of-fruit pudding was boiled for quite some time then left to hang in the safe until the big day ie Christmas Day. Its kind of like a bolied Christmas cake. We usually only have it on Christmas Day. No idea why its called plum duff because there aren't any plums in it.

Hey the Thai Mango Shrimp sound fantastic. Bet ya had nothing left over!!