Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1002638 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2008, 04:02:19 pm »
Yes - in fact, I think Yoplait's is called "Key Lime Pie" and it's delicious!

Breakfast - raisin bran and coffee

Lunch - Tuna with lemon and capers on whole wheat bread, honey crisp apple

Dinner - Probably chicken something or other

Marie

We have Yoplait over here too, but no Key Lime Pie unfortunately.  :(

And that sandwich sounds truly delicious Marie, hmmmm. But what is a honey crisp apple?  ???
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2008, 04:07:30 pm »
I l-o-o-o-v-e Brussels sprouts. ...

Especially tasty when cooked in beer...bu then again what isn't?

I'm slowly starting to appreciate Brussels sprouts. They're not my favorite vegetable though, I prefer green cabage. I would normally boil Brussels  sprouts (all dente) and then saute them in butter, maybe add a little bacon. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.

I've never heard of them cooked in beer. How do you do that? Just like you would make a beef stew with beer? Do you use strong dark (like a trappist) beer?

I'm taking notes here.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2008, 04:23:00 pm »
I'm slowly starting to appreciate Brussels sprouts. They're not my favorite vegetable though, I prefer green cabage. I would normally boil Brussels  sprouts (all dente) and then saute them in butter, maybe add a little bacon. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.

That sounds positively yummy!  :D  Especially the part about the butter and the bacon. ...  ::)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2008, 04:36:53 pm »
Can I say what we had for supper last night (just 'cause for once, I made something sort of from scratch that turned out pretty damn good)?

We had chicken fajitas.  I made them with chicken tenderloins.  I heated the frying pan with olive oil and grilled some chopped up onions first, then I put a little bit of Italian dressing in the pan and sauteed the chicken for about 20 minutes, covered, so it would also cook in the steam.  I used whole wheat wraps instead of tortillas, and fresh (but store-prepared) guacamole.  I also cut up some tomatoes and green peppers and shredded some lettuce to put in them.  And I made some Spanish rice "Rica-A-Roni" for further filling.

O-M-G, they were yumbola if I do say so myself.  My six-year-old even loved them.  I mixed sour cream with the guacamole and sprinkled some shredded cheddar cheese on mine.

No more beans!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2008, 05:21:26 pm »

We have Yoplait over here too, but no Key Lime Pie unfortunately.  :(

And that sandwich sounds truly delicious Marie, hmmmm. But what is a honey crisp apple?  ???

Oh, they're delicious, Fabienne!  Here's an article about them and a picture (the picture accompanying the article is not very accurate, I don't think):

http://www.oregonlive.com/foodday/index.ssf/2008/09/for_flavor_and_texture_honey_c.html

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

injest

« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2008, 08:11:43 pm »
Can I say what we had for supper last night (just 'cause for once, I made something sort of from scratch that turned out pretty damn good)?

We had chicken fajitas.  I made them with chicken tenderloins.  I heated the frying pan with olive oil and grilled some chopped up onions first, then I put a little bit of Italian dressing in the pan and sauteed the chicken for about 20 minutes, covered, so it would also cook in the steam.  I used whole wheat wraps instead of tortillas, and fresh (but store-prepared) guacamole.  I also cut up some tomatoes and green peppers and shredded some lettuce to put in them.  And I made some Spanish rice "Rica-A-Roni" for further filling.

O-M-G, they were yumbola if I do say so myself.  My six-year-old even loved them.  I mixed sour cream with the guacamole and sprinkled some shredded cheddar cheese on mine.

ummm! sounds very good and filling!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2008, 08:32:09 pm »
breakfast was Cheerios.

lunch was a salad with grilled chicken.

dinner was chicken, rice, and baby corn.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

injest

« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2008, 09:10:33 pm »
let me just say....

dinner is SOOO bad, so high in calories and fat, tonight I am ashamed to admit to it...

but my HUBBY is happy sooooo...

hopefully he won't die of a heart attack before it is over....man I would feel guilty...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2008, 01:11:16 pm »
breakfast was Cheerios.

lunch was a salad with grilled chicken.

dinner was chicken, rice, and baby corn.

"Baby corn"?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2008, 04:30:36 pm »
"Baby corn"?  ???

I enjoy it in veggie stir-frys myself.