Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1002630 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #840 on: May 01, 2016, 02:50:14 pm »
I've often wondered with NNJ calls it Taylor Ham instead of Pork Roll.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #841 on: May 01, 2016, 04:40:28 pm »
I've often wondered with NNJ calls it Taylor Ham instead of Pork Roll.

Seriously, it would be interesting if one could find both packagings and compare the ingredient labels. I'm really not joking when I suggest that maybe the pork roll is made of what's left after they make the ham. The pork roll really is like a sausage.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #842 on: May 01, 2016, 04:49:21 pm »
Today brunch after church was a biscuit and gravy, with grits, and a cup of coffee. A new place has opened up near my place. It's called Scratch Biscuits, and they specialize in, well, biscuits! I'd been trying to find a time to try them.

What I had was good, especially the grits, but also a little odd. They seem to be trying to bill the place as "down home" food, and the decor is according, but the menu is actually a little, well, fancy. I've never heard of "biscuits and gravy" as being anything other than a biscuit with sausage gravy, but the gravy on my biscuit was a a sage gravy without a bit of meat in it. It was very tasty, but it wasn't what I was looking for or expecting. There didn't seem to be any plain old ham biscuit on the menu, and one of the combinations was named for Alice Waters.

Nevertheless, I will go again and recommend the place to my friends.

After I had the biscuit and gravy and grits, i went by the watering hole and had a Bloody Mary.  ::)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #843 on: May 02, 2016, 12:36:26 pm »
oh, I like biscuits and gravy.  I once had a great variation on eggs benedict,  instead of english muffins they used biscuits, and sausage instead of canadian bacon,  eggs on top, and then covered in sausage gravy.

very tasty.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #844 on: May 02, 2016, 01:44:47 pm »
oh, I like biscuits and gravy.  I once had a great variation on eggs benedict,  instead of english muffins they used biscuits, and sausage instead of canadian bacon,  eggs on top, and then covered in sausage gravy.

very tasty.

Sounds very tasty!

Needs a Bloody Mary to top it off, though.  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #845 on: May 03, 2016, 08:41:28 am »
I'm not a bloody Mary person.  If I'm going to drink something with breakfast, it's either chocolate milk or hot chocolate.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #846 on: May 13, 2016, 07:34:03 pm »

I guess it depends on what packaging  you have.

This one says "Taylor pork roll"

This one says "Taylor Ham".

At the grocery store this afternoon I remembered to look for Taylor Ham. Nope, only Taylor Pork Roll. I would like to see what Taylor Ham looks like. I still suspect they are two different things produced by the same company, located in New Jersey. Taylor Pork Roll is like a large sausage. If Taylor Ham is like, well, slices of ham, then they aren't the same thing in different packaging.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #847 on: May 13, 2016, 11:15:54 pm »
I have to say, I don't think I've ever seen the yellow and red packaging in any store.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #848 on: May 14, 2016, 11:35:24 am »
I have to say, I don't think I've ever seen the yellow and red packaging in any store.

Now I'm confused.  ???  I thought you said you recently ate some Taylor's Ham.

How was it packaged?  ???

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #849 on: May 14, 2016, 07:13:47 pm »
Here in NNJ we call pork roll "Taylor Ham" so in reality, I ate pork roll.