Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1002652 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #900 on: September 06, 2016, 12:11:23 pm »
breakfast was two biscuits with blackberry jam.

Oh, yum!  :D

I love biscuits and jam!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #901 on: September 06, 2016, 06:03:09 pm »
Tonight was a chicken sandwich with ghost pepper sauce.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #902 on: September 06, 2016, 06:20:22 pm »
Is supper what we call dinner? Here supper is something you have just before going to bed, for me usually a few pieces of chocolate.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #903 on: September 06, 2016, 06:24:58 pm »
Last night as usual for Tuesday I went to the local Fish 'n Chip shop and bought Blue Cod and chips. Brought it home and added coleslaw. I went to the theatre for a Franki Valli Tribute Group and had a mint ice cream cone at the intermission which I would call my supper. All was great.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #904 on: September 07, 2016, 11:33:03 am »
Is supper what we call dinner? Here supper is something you have just before going to bed, for me usually a few pieces of chocolate.

This is what I found on Google.

Lunch is almost the midday equivalent of supper — it's also a lighter and less formal meal than Dinner, but is used specifically when referring to a midday meal. So whether you use lunch/dinner or dinner/supper is heavily determined by when your culture traditionally has its largest meal.

For me personally, I have always said breakfast, lunch, dinner,  but have considered dinner and supper as switchable.

breakfast today was a peanut butter and blackberry jelly sandwich.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #905 on: September 07, 2016, 01:29:58 pm »
This is what I found on Google.

Lunch is almost the midday equivalent of supper — it's also a lighter and less formal meal than Dinner, but is used specifically when referring to a midday meal. So whether you use lunch/dinner or dinner/supper is heavily determined by when your culture traditionally has its largest meal.

For me personally, I have always said breakfast, lunch, dinner,  but have considered dinner and supper as switchable.

"Where I come from," or, really, where my parents come from, people often say, or said, "breakfast, dinner, and supper," because it was a largely agricultural area, and farmers, at least in the old days before a lot of mechanization, usually had their largest meal--dinner--at midday, because they had been doing hard work all morning and would be going back to do more of it after they ate. Lunch was something that came in with industrialization, when people working in factories had maybe only a half-hour break in the middle of the day to eat something quick and cold. The largest meal--dinner--became the meal that you ate at home in the evening.

So I've come to think of "breakfast, dinner, and supper" as a more rural and even old-fashioned usage, and "breakfast, lunch, and dinner" as more urban. I myself tend to use dinner and supper sort of interchangeably to refer to the evening meal.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #906 on: September 08, 2016, 11:53:50 am »
Today for breakfast was a mini bagel with cream cheese.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #907 on: September 09, 2016, 10:34:42 pm »
I decided to make something I have't in a while, I made some chicken parm.  very tasty.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #908 on: September 10, 2016, 12:27:56 pm »
I decided to make something I have't in a while, I made some chicken parm.  very tasty.

I love chicken parm!

Breakfast today was my usual Saturday breakfast right now, a pot of coffee and a Jimmy Dean-brand sausage-egg-and-cheese-on-a-croissant sandwich. Very bad for you (don't want to think of the sodium content!) but awfully tasty!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #909 on: September 10, 2016, 11:11:53 pm »
Oh yeah, those are tasty.

Dinner  was a friend's BBQ.....hot dog, hamburger, ribs, very tasty!