Author Topic: Through the Veil of Time  (Read 84866 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: Through the Veil of Time
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2006, 09:35:58 pm »
Chapter 2: just about the nicest sex I ever read!
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2006, 10:15:56 pm »

Thanks, Julie....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2006, 06:25:53 pm »

What a way for our boys to start the day ...  ;)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 01:25:14 pm by Lucise »

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 11:07:50 am »
Well, I found this thread.  The second chapter was great.  What a way to start the day, rested and relaxed.  Leslie, I lost the thread where David had a picture of the house.  I wanted him to paint is Prarie Rose.  Where can I find it again?

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 02:22:32 pm »
Leslie,  I found the house on the ALBFS thread. I like the house but David hasn't gotten around to painting it Prarie Rose yet.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 09:35:52 pm »
A new chapter is posted:

Chapter 3: Persuasion in the AM

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/20514.html

Enjoy....as always, feeback is welcome.

Leslie
MaineWriter
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 07:20:47 am by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 10:40:26 pm »
I'm AGIN it, the pierfcing (see cvomment--on LJ---but the topic of converwsation seems to have dhanged anyway. At least for the timer being..

I have to go talk to Esme...fun!
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2006, 08:32:12 am »
For anyone who is interested, this is the article that Ennis "stumbled" across on the Internet.

J Adv Nurs. 2005 Mar;49(5):474-84. Self-reported characteristics of women and men with intimate body piercings.  Caliendo C, Armstrong ML, Roberts AE.

Leslie
MaineWriter

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2006, 12:47:14 pm »
I have to be careful what I read here. We need a way to discuss the chapters without someone stumbling into something they haven't read yet!  :)

Leslie, I was so glad to see the updates. I've only had Chapter 1 for so long that I started reading it again so I could go into 2 and 3 and remember where we were. However, I haven't even gotten through the peanut butter sandwiches on Don Wroe Day and my eyes are so full of tears that I can't even see the words, so I'm trying this instead! I love your writing. Everything is so "probable" and so sweet for the boys.

I'm going to visit a friend in Connecticut on Thursday - she hasn't seen the movie yet (?!?!) so I'm taking the DVD and DVD player with me. I haven't watched it in a while because I was just tired of being sad, but I've been wondering if I'm going to feel even sadder now that the fan fics have laid it all out there and shown what a sweet life they really could have had. The loss may seem even more tragic this time around.  :'(

Anyway, I'm going back to your story and see if I can do any better. I'm looking forward to discussing it with everyone if I could just get through it!  :-*

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2006, 02:21:17 pm »
Well well Leslie, I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read what's on Ennis' mind.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I should know that you will work that idea into your story eventually.  It's too good to let it pass, isn't it?  I think Ennis did a very good job in getting Jack on board.  ;)  Thanks for the nice reading.  It's always fun to read how Ennis articulates what's on his mind.