Author Topic: Through the Veil of Time  (Read 85942 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Through the Veil of Time
« Reply #280 on: February 24, 2007, 06:18:29 pm »
Leslie,

When I saw this thread had been updated today I was so excited anticipating a new chapter so soon!  I'll admit it - when I saw the words "now complete" I very seflishly thought "No - I don't want it to be over!"  But, of course, I understand that all stories have to end - even ones that I love so much.  :)

What an unbelievably beautiful final chapter!  Could not have been more perfect.  We have our boys being our boys - always so funny and loving and just so real with each other.  I could "listen" to them talk through you all day.

I loved when you had all the letters going back and forth between Ennis and the girls way back in ALBFS.  I've always loved reading a story through letters and K.E.'s letter to Ennis was really a masterpiece, Leslie.  And I choose that word very purposely.  Hospice, and hospice nurses especially, are very dear to my heart.  And when K.E. mentioned that "old guy and the rainbow stuff" and talked about his nurse (I liked her name, btw  :) ) oh, my . . . .   :'( :'(   Anything about Hal really gets to me, and for K.E. to be remembering him too, that was so, so touching.  How wonderful that K.E. was able to have such a positive, loving experience through his final months.  Thank you for making hospice a part of your stories. 

I was happy to see that there is hope for Jenny and Alma.  Monthly phone calls are a great idea - and it certainly is promising that Alma bonded with Kelly and, of course, Evan.

Reading K.E.'s obit was so moving.  For K.E. to acknowledge, in writing, publicly, that Jack Twist was Ennis's husband - well, those may be my very favorite words throughout the entire story. 

There are so many wonderful fics out there - but I don't think any of them have touched me as personally as ALBFS and TTVOT. These stories will always be very close to my heart.

Safe travels and have a wonderful time in Europe.  The stage play of BBM - can't wait to hear about that!  I look forward to your new story - I already know I'll love it!

Thanks, Leslie!

Hugs,
Marie
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 11:49:35 pm by mariez »
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #281 on: February 24, 2007, 07:57:21 pm »
Thank you for a very beautiful final chapter of Through the Veil of Time.  A masterpiece.  It truly touched my heart. Tears filled my eyes with KE letter to Ennis then again while reading KE's obit.  He died in February, so that means Ennis and Jack got to see KE before he died and was givin the family watch when they visited for their the hunting trip in November.  Hopspice was very good my family as my dad died at home from cancer.   They are wonderful special people.   I have told you before you are an extremely talented writer.  I appreciate you bringing Jack and Ennis to life in your stories Thank you again.   
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 09:46:43 pm by brokeback_dev »

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #282 on: February 25, 2007, 01:45:21 am »
thank you for taking us along with Ennis and Jack and everyone connected to the Lazy L --this has been a great read and fun journey.
I was very sentimental about the ending, and there was just enough tenderness, and just enough memory to be very glad I read all of this.

Loved Ken's letter, and esp about him finding out what hospice was and how it helped him, Ennis really did expand his horizons.   
Loved jenny's writing about Kelly and Alma excellent way to bring those ends together too.
thanks again for sharing!  Really enjoyed the whole series.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #283 on: February 25, 2007, 08:29:38 am »

Its four o clock in the morning, and i sit here trying to compose yet another
thing to tell you how wonderful i think your story has been.  You not only
gave us a pair of wonderful books, but you also gave us many many other
background items..It was not about characters in a book or story, but you gave them a complete and rounded life and activities.  All the work on the
house, the friends and relatives, but also the holiday activities,,,fourth of July
and don wroe day,,,horney day, and this is not to mention the anniversaries/
The beautiful parties, the truck and all the animals...  But one of the most
fun things was the chili cook off, along with all the recipes...Jack came by to
visit us in chat, and all the other extras that you pieced together to bring this
story to life.. I know it has been a tremendous undertaking, altho an act of
love as well...            Thank you so much for this lovely job, well done Janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #284 on: February 25, 2007, 10:15:20 pm »
Congrats on finishing Leslie!   :-* :D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #285 on: February 26, 2007, 05:10:25 pm »
okay, i sat down and took a deep breath and started reading the final chapter.

And what can I say that hasn't already been sad? I really, really love you Jack and Ennis. I reread A Love Born From Steel on holiday last week and was once again very moved by the Hall story. You've written that so well, just as you have with KE in this story.

I'm so pleased that i'll be able to thank you in person for sharing your wonderful talent when you come to visit next month.  :-*  Of course, you'll have to put up with me doing silly fan things like asking you to authograph my copy of ALBFS  ;D I'll try not to scream okay?

Jack and Ennis at the Lazy L Farm: you know it should be like this, always...
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #286 on: February 26, 2007, 05:17:39 pm »
I am always honored and flattered by "the silly fan things." Screaming is good too. I might scream!

I am glad you liked the story. I did too...I was very happy with it and the way things came together. KE turned out to be a much more important person than I originally expected.

Now, Fabienne, you didn't miss Chapter 32, did you? I think that got posted while you were on vacation, too. Little bit of anniversary night hanky-panky in that one....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #287 on: February 26, 2007, 05:21:23 pm »

Now, Fabienne, you didn't miss Chapter 32, did you? I think that got posted while you were on vacation, too. Little bit of anniversary night hanky-panky in that one....

L

oh, some hanky-panky, just what i need just before i go to bed!  :P

I swear the names you Americans come up with for sex are amazing! a little nooky, hanky-panky, getting fancy... I love them all! 

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #288 on: February 26, 2007, 05:44:53 pm »

L

little bit of hanky-panky??? Is that what you call it?  :o  :o

“I take it this isn’t for conkin’ ya on the noggin…”

Jack chuckled. “Uhhh, no. It ain’t.”

:laugh:  :laugh: That was priceless!

Jack sure knows where to shop!  ::)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #289 on: February 26, 2007, 05:46:37 pm »
little bit of hanky-panky??? Is that what you call it?  :o  :o

“I take it this isn’t for conkin’ ya on the noggin…”

Jack chuckled. “Uhhh, no. It ain’t.”

:laugh:  :laugh: That was priceless!

Jack sure knows where to shop!  ::)

LOL...glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, after 30 years, Jack has figured out a few things to um, keep life interesting...Ennis, too.

L
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 07:02:22 am by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!