Author Topic: Through the Veil of Time  (Read 86195 times)

Offline pastorfred

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • retired, free-lance, non-denominational pastor
    • spirituality handbook
Re: Through the Veil of Time
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2006, 05:05:21 pm »
An update, from London:

Chapter 5: Ennis's Chest Condition

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/21363.html

Enjoy....

Leslie

Way to go, Leslie! Another delightful chapter has been added to the LazyLFarm saga.

I love it when the guys reminisce. To see them after thirty years together brings joy to the heart. Their gentle back and forth speaks of a good relationship that makes each more than he would be alone. Ennis teased Jack - and us - with his chest condition, and Jack got him back, promising to relieve the pressure. On further reflection, I think Jack may increase rather than relieve pressure by playing with this new piece of jewelry.
                                                                                                                                                                                                          :laugh:
Peace be with y'all,
Fred

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2006, 07:45:56 pm »
I find it incredibly exciting that Ennis went out, all by his lonesome, to get his nipple pierced!  Seriously.
 :)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline opinionista

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2006, 04:15:58 am »
An update, from London:

Chapter 5: Ennis's Chest Condition

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/21363.html

Enjoy....

Leslie

SPOILERS

This was a very nice chapter, Leslie. It made me cry!! I loved that Ennis talked about his own depression, the one he had when Jack showed up ready to kill himself, before they decided to live the sweet life. As you said, it must've been hard for Ennis too, because Ennis is a very sensible man, and he was also going through a lot. The scene and the conversation seemed very real. Thank you! I'm looking forward to reading more chapters.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2006, 11:49:51 am »
An update to Through The Veil of Time

Chapter 6: Planning

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/21674.html

Enjoy....
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline pastorfred

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • retired, free-lance, non-denominational pastor
    • spirituality handbook
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2006, 12:59:29 pm »
An update to Through The Veil of Time

Chapter 6: Planning

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/21674.html

Enjoy....

Thanks for this delightful update, Leslie!

I love the new tagline.  ;)

I also noted a sign of cross-pollination: Ennis has zero interest in sleeping on the ground. That's a felicitous expression I've seen (and used) elsewhere - especially in chat.
Peace be with y'all,
Fred

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2006, 01:21:01 pm »
Thanks for chapter 6--but i couldn't leave a reveiww on fanfri9ction.net---the review box won't open.

I'm a little disappointed that they don't go camping anymore.; great camping equipment nowadays--in fract, since 1960!--but I guess when you work ou5tside a lot anyway, it's not so enticing..
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2006, 11:15:51 pm »
Fred -

I don't quite get what you mean.  Is cross-pollination the felicitous expression?  Can you explain a little more?

Thanks.
Kelly
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2006, 01:44:13 am »
I haven't read Chapter 6 yet (will be catching up on that in weekend), I love all the chapters so far Leslie!

Ennis just keeps showing off!!  ;)

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2006, 11:33:45 am »
Great chapters!  I hope that somehow Hal will be remembered.  He was a good man and he made the Lazy L possible for Jack and Ennis.  I'm sure Ennis has never forgotten him.  it is wonderful to be following their life together.

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2006, 11:35:23 am »
So that's what a nipple ring looks like, Lucise. Not half bad, but it's ot my cup of tea!