Author Topic: "Somebody New" and Sequel "Force of Nature" (by Jenna Hilary Sinclair)  (Read 189611 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: "Somebody New" and Sequel "Force of Nature" (by Jenna Hilary Sinclair)
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2006, 06:31:50 pm »
Hey, phone sex---ARIGHT!
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Bigheart

Re: Somebody New (by Jenna Hilary Sinclair) is complete
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2006, 03:31:09 am »
Yes the artwork is absolutly AWSOME!! :o :o I agree with you, more would have been nice lol. ;)

Hey Souxi!  ;D

Still haven't received my zine..... :'(

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2006, 03:38:15 am »
Hey, phone sex---ARIGHT!

OMG - that was so amazingly HOT and so totally unexpected!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2006, 12:14:30 am »
YEEHAW!!!

8)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2006, 05:01:56 am »
I'm so looking forward to the next chapter of FoN!
Jenna's Jack and Ennis are so real, so visible, I feel I can just reach my hand out and touch them. The ups-and-downs and give-and-take as these two by now mature men, with their personality quirks and more or less ingrained habits, form their lives around their love together: It's described with realism, care and a warm heart.  :)

**speculation**

I'm worried about that truck Ennis just bought. It seems a fair bet that it's been used in illegal activity (smuggling of ....something?) and that's why it was so important to get it sold at once. I think the story this unpleasant Corliss fellow came up of having used it helping refugees was just a ruse.

If the car becomes involved as evidence in some kind of criminal investigation, if the law starts taking an interest in Ennis as a consequence - even just for a little while till things have been cleared up - that would be such a strain on Ennis, I don't know how he'd get through it. Lots of people knowing who he's living with, perhaps he'd have to give formal statements where that would come up, even..... He's come so far, but that might send him back in full panicked hedgehog mood for a while.

I'm bearing in mind that this section of the fic is termed "earthquake". I'm worried for Ennis and Jack as to what exactly that earthquake will be. But I trust Jenna to bring them through it together, of  course.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 05:04:50 am by Mikaela »

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2006, 04:23:40 pm »
I know Jenna said she'd not post predictions as to when the next chapter(s) would be up, since she's had to delay several times in the past. But that means we've got no clue whether a new chapter might be expected soon...

Whether near or still some time off, I'd just like to say I'm reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaally looking forward to the next chapter of FoN. I hope it'll be here soon! I'm experiencing increasingly severe withdrawal symptoms.  ::)  Looking forward to enjoying more of Jenna's high-quality perceptive writing, and to learning whether Ennis is wrong in his morose predictions about his job security......

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2006, 07:27:36 pm »
Seems I've got this thread completely to myself, but that isn't going to stop me!

FoN just got updated with a long and thorough chapter called Shootin' True, with lots of plot and character development. To say that I was riveted to my seat and lost to the world while turning pages as fast as I could while reading through it all, would be a monumental understatement. It's just so good - Jenna's simply outdone herself. I don't know where to begin and end with the happy delighted comments, so I'll just let be. But I'll be re-reading this more than once for sure, toes curling with pure fic-reading glee.  :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 07:30:33 pm by Mikaela »

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2006, 10:06:11 pm »
Yay!  Thanks for letting us know about the update!  8)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2006, 10:45:34 am »

Jenna will be deleting and removing her stories from the Somebody New community as well as from LJ this Wednesday.  If you wish to save the stories, you have until Wednesday:

Here is her announcement:

http://community.livejournal.com/somebodynew_j4e/28811.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”