Author Topic: Where did you learn about BetterMost?  (Read 26861 times)

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
Re: Where did you learn about BetterMost?
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2006, 09:26:18 am »
I found it listed on Live 365...  I was so glad to see it.   

Rayn
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 09:30:08 am by Rayn »

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2006, 10:11:43 am »
I googled bettermost beans and there were few choices there
you  are a cool site thanks for all this work
I really appreciate being here
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 09:52:45 am by Toast »

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2006, 11:13:29 pm »
The 3rd time i saw the movie--Better Most Beans (in tomato sauce)--oh--this here board. There was a letter in my e-mail this morninjg from one of you honchos.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2006, 11:54:11 pm »
A welcome to Ellemeno and Julie who are part of the IMDB refugee community, Ray who is one of the handful of people who found us via Brokeback Mountain Radio and Toast who found us the old-fashioned way - through a search engine. 

This site is always a work in progress, so I hope you'll help us make it a better place.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2006, 12:09:50 am »
Hi, my name is Stacey. I am an IMDb refugee. Nice of ya to have me.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2006, 07:55:56 am »
I probably registered for Bettermost some time ago, having hear of it through IMDb (I think), however, it's through Miss Vikky's encouragement that I'm attempting to explore your village. I still know practically nothing of the place, but have at least one thing down pat: I know where the Icon message gets shown.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Will-U

"W" is for Will is Welcomed at "Better Most"!
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2006, 01:38:46 am »
 ;D  I've been busy transforming and expanding the popular "ABCs of BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN" and its "Guidelinez" from the IMDB's BBM Board to its new and 'better most' home at the Better Most Company!  It is a terrible loss to the BBM Board but a big gain for BM here.  The "ABCs" had been not only their most popular game but their most popular file ever!  Within one month it had over 1,300 actual posts and way over 5,000 visitors!  You'll hear more about the "ABCs of BBM" from other members here who were players there. :)

I received an e-mail about www.BetterMost.net and then I saw it posted at IMDB's BBM.  However, besides my regular life and job, etc., I was managing the huge "ABCs" game with the later help of Fran and Arturo.  Uniquely, besides my "Linez =U= Won't Hear at BBM", the "ABCs" was virtually the only file at IMDB's BBM that was troll-free!  Ultimately, the phantom trollz did not sink the "ABCs" crown jewel flagship of BBM; however, by sending a rocket to its propellars, they disengaged it.  It's still afloat there -- but evacuated and drifting!     

Meanwhile, I received a dozen invitations to join BetterMost; however, the one who smartly convinced me -- and it was backed up by action from Phillip -- was AMH-625, more nicely known as Ann Marie. :-*
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 10:52:15 pm by Will-ABC »

Offline kula

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2006, 02:44:56 am »
I registered here in late February because I was moved by Philip's post at IMDb's Brokeback board; it was very inviting indeed.  But I don't post or contribute much since writing is not my forte. I'm the town lurker who goes wherever there is great discussion on BBM to be found, and that's usually where it's more populated with a variety of posters.

But, I just found out that even CaseyCornelius' thread at IMDb, "Classical Allusions" was deleted, and this was the straw that broke the camel's back.  So let me just say that I am looking forward to visiting this and other forums more often (Thank God this is a forum and not a "chat board"; I think forums are cooler) and I hope everything works out for all the IMDb immigrants (including the Tremblayans) whom are fed up with the trolls as much as I am.

p.s. That's great news about your ABC's thread, Will (1,300 posts and over 5,000 visitors?).  I didn't know that bit of info, congrats.

Will-U

Thanx Kula re: "ABCs of BBM"
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2006, 06:18:29 pm »
It's ironic that U mentioned and congratulated me on the "ABCs" game at IMDB's BBM!  Thanx! ;D

Today -- April 4th, 2006 -- finally (a little too late) one of my two appointed co-monitors there -- Fran, who I brought here to BM -- just rec'd a private message from an actual human administrator "Alex" at the IMDB who validated that our "ABCs of BBM" file had not just 1,330 posts but actually 1,500 posts!  They count "deleted" posts as, in fact, they are actual posts by people who took the time to post.  Right they are.  But at 1,500 posts, the file maxes out and shuts off.  Unfortunately, there can be "no new posts".  The file is saved and remains visible.  Of course, we never knew all that as they never told us.

Then, I started the "ABC's Part II" which got up to about 300 posts when it was sneak-attacked like the Lusitannia and sunk by Phantom Trollz!  That's when many people at BBM left! That was the last attack rocket!

Well, that's a little more "ABCs of BBM" info -- which is good that I also remind myself.

Will-ABC
X-Mayor of ABC's of BBM at IMDB
(There is no replacement for me there as there's no longer a there, there!)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 02:35:49 pm by Will-U »

Offline ThePirateBride

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2006, 06:53:16 pm »
Thanks to Will-U's PM to me at imdb where our ABC's of BBM thread was unceremoniously booted from the active files, I've arrived at this safe haven.

I watched my BBM DVD last night with subtitles and felt that I knew more about it through our ABC's than watching it in the theatre.  I'm greatly impressed with the attention to detail of my fellow players and I look forward to being in our new home!
Now bring me that horizon.♥We have our heading.