Author Topic: Expressions You Hate!  (Read 100606 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Expressions You Hate!
« Reply #260 on: December 16, 2008, 11:26:17 am »
It does get ridiculous sometimes, though. Last night I was shopping with my son. I had on boots with a 2 1/2-inch, wide and sturdy heel, but even they were making my feet hurt a bit. I was wishing I'd worn flats. Then I saw this group of young women -- that is, I guess they were young because I didn't really look at their faces. My eyes were too riveted by their boots, all with 6- or 7-inch stiletto heels.

There was a woman at the bus stop this morning wearing boots like that. I thought to myself, Jesus H.! How does she stand going around all day essentially standing on her toes?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #261 on: December 16, 2008, 03:47:54 pm »
It goes both ways, though. Wearing makeup and heels is not an obligation -- lots of women don't feel they "have to put that shit on" -- but if you want to gussy up a bit, you can. Men are stuck with a more limited range of looks. Tell you what, I'm a straight woman, but I seriously feel there are many more attractive women than men, and I think it's at least partly because they have more beautifying options.

Well, true, but I don't see it that way.

My wardrobe is as limited as I want it to be.  I have shirts in tons of designs and colors, and dress slacks or jeans.  I have about 10  pairs (probably more) of shoes, sneakers, boots.  I have 3 different blazers, some hats.

Do I want my head shaved down to the scalp?  Go clean shaven?  Just a mustache or goatee?  Beard line?

3 different leather jackets, 2 denim jackets.

4 differnet watches, various bracelets, necklaces, belts and buckles.....

Whatever mood strikes me, I can find an outfit and accessories.

Yes, women may have more options, but when I maximize the options I have, I don't feel limited in the least.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #262 on: December 16, 2008, 03:59:13 pm »
OK, point taken, but what if you had bad skin and wanted to cover it up. With makeup, you could hide the blemishes. But most men don't feel comfortable doing that. So they're just stuck with the zits. Same if you have invisible eyelashes, need more color in your face, want to change the shape of your mouth ...

Extend that to other aspects of appearance. Until recently, men couldn't respectably even color their hair. They still can't, in certain millieux.  For example, a male artist could get away with showing up in a different colored hair every week. So can a woman bank executive. But a man bank executive can't.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #263 on: December 16, 2008, 04:05:31 pm »
OK, point taken, but what if you had bad skin and wanted to cover it up. With makeup, you could hide the blemishes. But most men don't feel comfortable doing that. So they're just stuck with the zits. Same if you have invisible eyelashes, need more color in your face, want to change the shape of your mouth ...

That's why God made Adult Clearasil. ...  ;D

Extend that to other aspects of appearance. Until recently, men couldn't respectably even color their hair. They still can't, in certain millieux.   For example, a male artist could get away with showing up in a different colored hair every week. So can a woman bank executive. But a man bank executive can't.

That's why God made Grecian Formula. ...  ;D

But I get your point.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #264 on: December 16, 2008, 04:06:38 pm »

Extend that to other aspects of appearance. Until recently, men couldn't respectably even color their hair. They still can't, in certain millieux.  For example, a male artist could get away with showing up in a different colored hair every week. So can a woman bank executive. But a man bank executive can't.

Well, true with blemishes, but I get them, and find that if I really take care of them with a skin treatment at night, they are very minimized during the day, and not an issue.

in regards to hair color, I don't think that most men want to color their hair.  I think that's a trap we've (as a society) put women into....."Oh, are you feeling bad?  Get a new hairdo!  It will change your outlook!"

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #265 on: December 16, 2008, 04:07:11 pm »
and by the way, we've really taken the thread off topic!   :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #266 on: December 16, 2008, 04:09:39 pm »
It goes both ways, though. Wearing makeup and heels is not an obligation -- lots of women don't feel they "have to put that shit on" -- but if you want to gussy up a bit, you can. Men are stuck with a more limited range of looks. Tell you what, I'm a straight woman, but I seriously feel there are many more attractive women than men, and I think it's at least partly because they have more beautifying options.

Edit:

Views on this issue must really "travel" with gender, because with equal honesty and sincerity I'd say there are many more attractive men than women. Of all ages, shapes, and sizes. Every time I go out on the streets of Philadelphia I see someone, man or "boy."

The women, however. ... Ahem. ...  ::)

Reason for Edit: Foggy thinking because of carb overload.  ::)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #267 on: December 16, 2008, 04:10:40 pm »
"Oh, are you feeling bad?  Get a new hairdo!  It will change your outlook!"

That won't work for you and me, will it, Chuck?  :laugh:

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #268 on: December 16, 2008, 04:19:19 pm »
That won't work for you and me, will it, Chuck?  :laugh:

Not unless I get a transplant, and after seeing how they're done, I'd rather be bald.   :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #269 on: December 16, 2008, 04:21:04 pm »

Not unless I get a transplant, and after seeing how they're done, I'd rather be bald.   :laugh:

:laugh: