Author Topic: Books about Heath?  (Read 5973 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Books about Heath?
« on: November 16, 2008, 04:06:25 pm »

I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday and happened to see two books in the biography section about Heath.  I don't know if these are mentioned elsewhere in this forum, but I thought I'd point them out.  And, I was wondering if folks had heard much about these yet... or know anything about the authors, etc.

They seemed somewhat tabloid-esque... but I didn't really look them over that carefully so I could be wrong.  They seemed to have some good photos in them for those of you interested in collecting pics of Heath.

They can be found on Amazon too of course.

Heath Ledger: Hollywood's Dark Star, by Brian J. Robb (Paperback - Aug 1, 2008)

A Tribute to Heath Ledger: The Illustrated Biography, by Chris Roberts (Paperback - Jun 1, 2008)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: Books about Heath?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 01:12:34 pm »
In August when visiting LA, a friend bought me a copy of Heath Ledger: Hollywood's Dark Star.
I wouldn´t have bought it myself and even feel a bit...guilty....to even own it.
It´s a compilation of everything that has been written about Heath already and really contains nothing new at all. The literary value is nill. The pictures are nice though but all and all it´s just another uninspired way of making money off a tragedy.