Author Topic: "Jack, I swear..." What do you think Ennis meant by that?  (Read 415767 times)

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
Re: "Jack, I swear..." What do you think Ennis meant by that?
« Reply #360 on: January 11, 2008, 10:19:13 am »
I got it I got it...  I even remember that scene!  (not bad for a 56 yr old slow poke)....   LOL
 :laugh:

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #361 on: January 12, 2008, 11:02:25 am »
point taken!
sincerely,
Donnoi
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #362 on: January 12, 2008, 08:51:14 pm »
Wondering when Ennis says Jack I swear... then Ennis is refining his love for Jack? But how?

Like Jack I swear: I wish you and I could have had our own wedding?

Wonder too you all??

Hugs!!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #363 on: January 26, 2008, 06:54:26 pm »
I've quoted many versions of what I think he meant by "Jack....I Swear"

Last night I watched BBM, the first time since Heath has gone....and when he said it, I felt he meant...

"Jack....I swear........never again will I hold back how I feel about someone, never again, will I hold back my feelings, or put anything between me and someone I love...never again, will I fail to realize when someone loves me, like you did....never again will I hurt or reject someone I love and who loves me.....

.......never again, will I take for granted that someone I love, will always be here, because they can be taken from us in a split second, and then it is too late to tell them all the things we love about them
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Artiste

« Reply #364 on: January 26, 2008, 08:00:22 pm »
Thanks Katie!!

I am in full agreement with you, may I say!!

I thank  Heath for thinking about the way the shirt/jacket are!! That was his idea... it seems.

You probably know about that...

hugs!!  May Heath and Ennis be for us all always!!

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #365 on: January 27, 2008, 01:41:41 am »
I thank  Heath for thinking about the way the shirt/jacket are!! That was his idea... it seems.
You probably know about that...

Some of us don't know about "that".   What was Heath's idea about the shirt?

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #366 on: January 27, 2008, 02:41:51 am »

Some of us don't know about "that".   What was Heath's idea about the shirt?

When Heath found the shirts the blue one, Jack's shirt, was on the outside.....it was Heaths idea to have it the other way around,with Ennis' shirt on the outside.... once Ennis had them.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #367 on: January 27, 2008, 11:19:08 pm »
When Heath found the shirts the blue one, Jack's shirt, was on the outside.....it was Heaths idea to have it the other way around,with Ennis' shirt on the outside.... once Ennis had them.....

Oh yeah, of course... that's old hat...  or maybe I should say "old shirt".  Yes, the symbolic power of that action on Ennis' part was a fantastic literary device.  Annie is good at that.

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #368 on: January 28, 2008, 12:12:09 am »
That was a brilliant idea out of Heath, an idea so simple and in retrospect so obvious---yet not even Ang Lee thought of it. Heath did. And that makes the loss of an actor so young and brilliant all the more frustrating, all the more sad.

What would he have done 10 years from now?

-------------------------------

I'm going to be very careful what I write the next few days. I'm just as wound up as most of you, just told someone in another thread, who grates,  to block me, please block me . 
A lot of us are dancing on eggs after the last week.....
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #369 on: January 28, 2008, 12:38:54 am »
Thanks brokenbackjack, thanks Katie77, thanks Rayn!!!

Brokebackjack, we are all dancing on eggs, as you describe, may I say, since we all love Heath and we are sad of Heath's passing and we all want him to remain in our hearts and we will have him forever in our souls, be assured!! Passages, some are hard, and love enters, follows, may I say!!

I will not tell you off nor block you, as never did and  never will; I will try always to learn, understand what you say, even if I can not at times do not undertand your comment or question, nor you can not understand me; at least, we try; that is important too!! Of course, there will be emotional times, that's OK, we learn from that all of us daily here on Bettermost!! That is what is great about Bettermost and you here, right; we all try to help each other and others ?? !!

WE learn as ourselves individually and collectively as Ennis, as Jack, as Alma, as Lureen, as Alma Jr., as others did; we do too in our yesterdays, to-day, and will in our wondrous tomorrows. But everyone had difficulties as in the BM movie and Annie's book, at least like them: we become better at loving ourselves and others!!

Thanks brokenback jack for your frankness! You can always be frank with me. I appreciate that very much!! Hugs!

Thanks for your question Ryan, and thanks to Katie who answered you!!

Hugs to all of you and to all others too!!  WE all will continue to hug Heath as he hugged us as Ennis - merci, that'sthanks Heath!!