Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858689 times)

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #350 on: July 16, 2006, 07:49:20 pm »
I'm new to Bettermost - have been on imdb but got discouraged with the trolls so I'm happy to be here. Sure seems like a purty & friendly place! (thanks administrators). I saw BBM right after the Oscars hype, so I was a little slow to start but am making up for lost time now. I saw it on DVD then a local 2nd run theater was showing it and I was so thrilled that I could see it on the big screen. I can't watch BBM every day because it's too emotional and I get lost in it but I do watch bits & pieces. Sometimes I start in the middle and watch till the end then start over so the beginning is the end. Although now the first scene of Ennis stepping down from the truck is so poignant it's enough to make me weep.

I read the story and now have "BBM Story to Screenplay" which is great - great insights. I am in love with the movie, Ennis and Jack - especially Jack/Jake whom I think is beautiful. I saw "Donny Darko" which I liked. "The Day After Tomorrow" was beyond awful but I had a great time describing all the over-the-top occurrences in the movie to friends. To paraphrase Jake's character, Sam, "This movie is bad; it's really really bad." "The Good Girl" I liked - it was a little different than I expected. I can also recommend "Jarhead" to Jake Gyllenhaal-ics. It's better than it seems it would be and Jake gives a stand-out performance - very different from the emotional angst-ridden tortured souls he often plays. (Plus Jake is very buff in this movie!)

Another movie I just watched is "Open Range" with Kevin Costner, Robert Duvall, and Annette Benning. It was filmed in Alberta so the scenery, the camp & herding duties were all reminescent of BBM. I also liked that the romantic pair was middle-aged instead of the woman being 20-30 years younger.

Guess I'm digressing so I'll go for now & maybe add more later. Thanks all. cc33

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #351 on: July 16, 2006, 07:59:12 pm »
Welcome To Bettermost Coffeecat!   :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #352 on: July 16, 2006, 09:40:37 pm »
Welcome Coffeecat! This is the best site. Many of us migrated from IBDb. It did get discouraging over there with all of the negativity. I hope you find BetterMost as stimulating and enjoyable as I do!

PS ... here is a present for you:

HELLO!!!!
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline Kajunite

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #353 on: July 17, 2006, 12:26:14 pm »
Welcome, Coffeecat33!  From time to time, I drop in on IMDb and read a post or two.  Recently a post from someone who is regurgitating all the time railed out at the posters.  It said in essence,  '...all you people need to stop talking about this movie so much.  If you want to talk about BBM all day, go over to Bettermost where that is all they do!'   A compliment to Bettermost!

Diane, CC33 has to share his present with me, right? 

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #354 on: July 17, 2006, 04:17:04 pm »
Welcome, Coffeecat33!  From time to time, I drop in on IMDb and read a post or two.  Recently a post from someone who is regurgitating all the time railed out at the posters.  It said in essence,  '...all you people need to stop talking about this movie so much.  If you want to talk about BBM all day, go over to Bettermost where that is all they do!'   A compliment to Bettermost!

Ohhh. I think I saw that post too.

If it is the same one I am thinking of, you needn't worry. I went in and dropped a bomb on it.

Tormenting the trolls is a favorite pastime of mine on IMDb.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #355 on: July 17, 2006, 07:45:52 pm »
Diane, CC33 has to share his present with me, right? 

Absolutely!! He is a cutie!  ;D
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline undercarriage

• Don't Say Much
Hello I'm Undercarriage. Greetings from San Francisco
« Reply #356 on: July 17, 2006, 09:16:18 pm »
Hi there.

Brokeback fan. Moved to London from San Francisco six years ago.

Never seen a movie more than once. Saw BBM seven times in a row and it took six months to stop being choked up when I thought of it.

Actually I still do sometimes.

You can get to know me better on my blog click or cut and paste the following:
http://www.meanderingtrevor.blogspot.cpm
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 09:53:58 pm by undercarriage »

moremojo

Re: Hello I'm Undercarriage. Greetings from San Francisco
« Reply #357 on: July 17, 2006, 09:33:27 pm »
Hi there.

Brokeback fan. Moved to London from San Francisco six years ago.

Never seen a movoe more than once. Saw BBM seven times in a row and it took six months to stop being choked up when I thought of it.

Actually I still do sometimes.

You can get to know me better on my blog click or cut and paste the following:
http://www.meanderingtrevor.blogspot.cpm
Welcome, undercarriage--

I hope you enjoy your visits to this wonderful site. Amazing people brought together in the shared love for one amazing movie.

We have quite a few souls here from San Francisco and the Bay Area. You'll probably meet them in due time as you continue to post and read. Just about a month or so ago, there was a series of gala screenings of Brokeback Mountain at San Francisco's famous Castro Theater, which many of our members attended. It sounded like a blast--unfortunately, I didn't make it.

I saw the movie five times in the theater, and I now own the DVD, as well as the original short story in two different editions. No other film has affected me to the extent that this masterpiece has. You'll find quite a few others here who will tell you the same.

Glad you're on board. Have fun, and happy trails with our mountain boys!

Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 08:25:13 pm by moremojo »

Offline undercarriage

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #358 on: July 17, 2006, 09:53:01 pm »
Thanks for the friendly welcome Moremojo!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #359 on: July 18, 2006, 12:12:56 am »
Welcome To Bettermost Undercarriage! I am looking forward to reading your posts here.

If you have any questions, please be sure to ask me/us. I'm  certain you will like it here.   :D