Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858906 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #430 on: October 15, 2006, 10:04:09 pm »
Well I'm pleased as pink to have you both join the BetterMost family, Dottie & Phoenix.

Been enjoing reading your posts on various thread already.

I know that Phoenix is pretty new to Brokeback (saw the movie only a couple a weeks ago) - what about you Dottie? When did you get the bug?

As the welcome saying usually goes around here: "Set a spell. You'll have a cup a coffee, a piece of cherry cake?"
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #431 on: October 16, 2006, 01:58:46 am »
- what about you Dottie? When did you get the bug?

As the welcome saying usually goes around here: "Set a spell. You'll have a cup a coffee, a piece of cherry cake?"

Thank you, I'll have a cup of coffee but I can't eat no cake just now. ;)

When did I get the bug?  Well remember that friend I said sent me here.  She dragged me to see it back in January and I was surprised, NO make that shocked, by how much it touched me and spoke to my heart about paths not taken, risks verses security, being willing to risk it all for love. being willing to risk being an outcast to be with the one you love.  I only saw it in the theater once because I was afraid to see it again for a long time. I had such a reaction to it, it frightened me. I am not an openly emotional person.  I never cry at films and I sobbed at the end of this one. I was in pain for these characters for a long time after that single viewing.    But I have the DVD and watch it privately at least once a month now and it is still speaking it's secrets to my heart.  I've posted on the IMDB a little, mostly lurked.  Until now the only person I've really discussed any of this with is my friend. 
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love was the word that left my lips
« Reply #432 on: October 16, 2006, 06:07:18 pm »
Well I'm pleased as pink to have you both join the BetterMost family, Dottie & Phoenix.

Been enjoing reading your posts on various thread already.

I know that Phoenix is pretty new to Brokeback (saw the movie only a couple a weeks ago) - what about you Dottie? When did you get the bug?

Um... I saw Brokeback Mountain for the first time in January, and i fell in love with it in February...

and before i came here and became "RebelWithSadness" i was 'FullOfSadness' at ennisjack.com, and "dragonstoneswrestling" at IMDB.com. I'm not really new to brokeback at all.  :-\
"He was very afraid of being hurt. He was afraid of opening up in case it was turned around and used against him."

Heaven holds a sense of wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0VVoScBd4k

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #433 on: October 16, 2006, 10:06:04 pm »
Apologies Phoenix -

I tried to find out with whom I was confusing you, but, that other fellow's seen BBM last January too! - Guess I'm just full of it this week! -

Again, sorry for the misinformation on my part.

Roland
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love was the word that left my lips
« Reply #434 on: October 16, 2006, 10:21:58 pm »
Apologies Phoenix -

I tried to find out with whom I was confusing you, but, that other fellow's seen BBM last January too! - Guess I'm just full of it this week! -

Again, sorry for the misinformation on my part.

Roland

its all good, i was also mistook on another thread, but i don't desire to go too off topic
"He was very afraid of being hurt. He was afraid of opening up in case it was turned around and used against him."

Heaven holds a sense of wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0VVoScBd4k

Dafna

« Reply #435 on: October 19, 2006, 06:54:59 pm »
Welcome Frank H, Dahpna, RebelWithSadness, and TheWings!!!  And all the rest of youse!   Glad you're here.    May you be happy and healthy!!     :)

Thank you wdj, that is very nice of you.

Dottie, I certainly understand your concern with giving out too much info on the internet. I have been online since 1998 and have made only one online friend. We have never met. I'm on the west coast of the U.S. and she is on the east. Hopefully we will meet in person some day. We talk on the phone and I know she is a true blue person.

Mainly I wanted to mention I'm 46 never married either. I don't think there are too many of us out there.  8) I will keep the single life.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #436 on: October 20, 2006, 03:28:26 pm »
Hi new folks, and medium new folks!  Welcome!   We were all new pretty recently - BetterMost only started in February of this year.  So jump on in and become an oldtimer. :)

IsleInTheSea

« Reply #437 on: November 03, 2006, 04:11:27 pm »
Hello all.  Name is Andy, I'm new here.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #438 on: November 03, 2006, 04:23:22 pm »

Hi Andy, welcome!  Love the translation - I see your folks didn't just stop at 'Isle'... :) 

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #439 on: November 04, 2006, 01:23:41 am »

Welcome to Bettermost Andy!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.