Author Topic: A Love Born From Steel - Ongoing Discussion  (Read 298933 times)

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
Re: A Love Born From Steel
« Reply #380 on: June 23, 2006, 12:30:31 pm »
Jack and Ennis, at the Lazy L, a few days after their visit to the Lubbock Furniture Store. 232 words. The prompt this time was "something to do with furniture."

--------------------------

“Jack,” said Ennis, “did ya happen t’notice at the furniture store the other day, there was a real nice livin’ room set?”

“There was ‘bout a dozen livin’ room sets,” said Jack. “Which one ya talkin’ ‘bout?”

“The one with the leather stuff,” said Ennis. “There was a brown leather couch, and a big club chair with a foot stool…”

“Ottoman,” said Jack, interrupting.

“What?” said Ennis, not understanding.

Jack looked at him. “I think that’s what it’s called—an ottoman, not a foot stool.”

“Whatever,” said Ennis, shrugging. “It was a nice lookin’ set. I kept lookin’ at that leather couch, picturin’ you lyin’ on yer back, yer black hair, yer white skin on the leather…picturin’ me puttin’ my cock up yer ass, yer legs in the air, you moanin’ in pleasure, hands rubbin’ smooth against that big leather couch…”

“You were thinkin’ this in the furniture store?” said Jack. “I didn’t notice.”

“You didn’t notice the big ol’ hard on I had?” said Ennis. “That’s why I kept shiftin’ in the chair the whole time yer ol’boyfriend Ray was talkin’ ‘bout Dr. Fucker.”

Jack shook his head. “Ya hid it well, cowboy, but I wish ya had told me.”

“Why?” said Ennis.

“I woulda bought ya the couch along with the bed.”

“Can we go back?” said Ennis, with a small smile.

“Ya doin’ anythin’ this afternoon?” Jack replied, with a wink.

So does that mean wer,e going to get a christen the new couch scene then?  ;) ;)  sounds great. Leslie, you really are a genius.  :)
Always and forever. J&E.xx

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: A Love Born From Steel: Drabbles Added
« Reply #381 on: June 24, 2006, 12:22:02 pm »
Thanks Leslie-

I've been missin' Ennis and Jack what with Ennis and Ellery taking up my time.
I sure hope you do put out a new story cuz, even though I do enjoy a little Ellery with my coffee, my heart lies with Ennis and his first and true love, Jack.

Oh, and thanks for getting Louise over here-I'll go say "hi" -offer her some coffee and a-piece-of-cherry cake.

O0

Heathen

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #382 on: June 24, 2006, 12:37:02 pm »
I,d like to add a quote if I may that moved me to tears, it,s so beautiful.
QUOTE:
Eventually Jack settled down, the trembling ceased, and Ennis could tell from the hitch in his breathing he was falling asleep. “Before ya go, lover,” he whispered, “look at the moon.” Jack turned and looked at the silvery light illuminating the room. “It’s full, like it was our first very first night on Brokeback and then a month later, our first time in the tent,” he said. “I will always love full moons.”

“And I will always love you,” said Jack, his voice thick, his eyes heavy lidded and no longer able to resist the forces of sleep.

“And I you,” said Ennis, pulling Jack in close, falling asleep with his lips buried in his lover’s hair, his arms holding him in an embrace that would never end, the moon shining across them in their new bed where they planned to sleep together, every night, for the rest of their lives.
(Leave a comment)END OF QUOTE:

Thank you leslie.x

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #383 on: June 24, 2006, 06:11:58 pm »

Thank you leslie.x

Thank you Jane...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #384 on: June 24, 2006, 06:12:42 pm »
Thanks Leslie-

I've been missin' Ennis and Jack what with Ennis and Ellery taking up my time.
I sure hope you do put out a new story cuz, even though I do enjoy a little Ellery with my coffee, my heart lies with Ennis and his first and true love, Jack.

Oh, and thanks for getting Louise over here-I'll go say "hi" -offer her some coffee and a-piece-of-cherry cake.

O0

I am gearing myself up, working on ideas, doing some research on the nitty-gritty of horse farm operations..

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: A New car for Jack and Ennis
« Reply #385 on: June 25, 2006, 08:46:25 am »
Jack and Ennis, still at the Lazy L, this on in response to a "buying a car" prompt. 244 words.

----------------------------
“What kinda car? And don’t suggest no fuckin’ Cadillac, I hate those flashy pieces o’shit.”

Jack smiled to himself. He never cared for Lureen’s red Cadillac, either.

Not to nitpick, but an unlikely statement by two guys then.    Cadillac was still the "Standard of the World" in 1976.     Especially in the big flat open countryside.   As an old car enthusiast, I have done alot of research on Luxury cars and their use over the decades.   Many a farm or rancher (well, a profitable one)  had a large luxury car in the garage.   Cadillac, Lincoln Town Car or big Chrysler.     Mostly used by their wives, but also used to go into the next nearest city which could be 100 miles or more away.   

A poor ranch hand like Ennis would certainly have admired these long, low land yachts and not referred to them as a piece o shit.     Even though they were making some money once the Lazy L Farm was up and running,  I doubt Ennis would have mentioned a Cadillac at all, worrying about the cost of a new car.      I could see Jack not wanting a big flashy Cadillac as it would have reminded him about his ex father-in-law who would have no doubt in my mind owned one.   And Lureen of course, being the spoiled girl she was, had her Caddy convertible.    Which in the Texas heat probably had the top up all the time.  Not to mention all that flammable hair spray!   Course the hair probably wouldn't have moved in the wind at 70 mph!   LOL

I did some serious thinking about what our boys would have bought in 1976 as a car.   Keeping in mind men all drive trucks out there.   I think Ennis would have argued against anything too posh and expensive, unlike Jack who was used to having money lately.     The goal of course to get something comfortable for those 14 hour drives to Riverton.  It would also need a roomy back seat for the growing girls.    Gas was cheap again after the fuel crisis of 1973-1974, so big cars were again in favor.      I can see the guys at a Chevrolet or Ford dealership looking at new cars.  (Again, middle America then and now is still very loyal to American car companies.)   Ennis would have winced at the sticker prices as most were more than his annual earnings in the past.    After looking at the new pickups, they snap back into reality and look at the Monte Carlo (very popular at the time)  "Tough to climb in and out of the back seat thought Ennis".     Ennis thought the practical Chevy Malibu sedan would be fine, but Jack prodded him to look at the plusher full size Caprice Classic sedan.    Jack liked the more luxurious style.   Ennis once behind the wheel would stretch his long legs out and mumble that it was indeed more comfortable.    Looking at the plush, cavernous back seat he said the girls would sleep like babies on the ride to Riverton back there.   Jack quickly whispered "Theres a few other things one can do in a big back seat like that" Winking.     Ennis smirks then says:"Ok then, grab the check book.  How do we get one of these?"

"We can go outside and see what colors they have in stock"

"One condition Darlin" Ennis says.

"Whats that Cowboy?"

"It has to be blue like your eyes"   Ennis squeezes Jacks leg and then steps out of the big Chevrolet Caprice on the showroom floor.

;D

Price with Options: $6,608.00

I wrote this first, then went on Yahoo.com to do a search to find a picture of a 1976 Caprice.   I almost fainted when I found pictures of a blue 1976 Caprice sedan with only 700 miles on it!    It still has the original window sticker on it.  It is as if someone saved this car all these years for Jack and Ennis!   
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 10:04:57 am by DavidinHartford »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: A Love Born From Steel: Epilogue 2006
« Reply #386 on: June 25, 2006, 08:51:11 am »

"We can go outside and see what colors they have in stock"

"One condition Darlin" Ennis says.

"Whats that Cowboy?"

"It has to be blue like your eyes"   Ennis squeezes Jacks leg and then steps out of the big Chevrolet Caprice on the showroom floor.

;D

David--

Thanks for this great analysis! I should have talked to you about this. LOL And your last few lines...an aspiring fanfic writer, hmmm?

L
xo

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
Re: A Love Born From Steel: Epilogue 2006
« Reply #387 on: June 25, 2006, 01:35:22 pm »
And a third. The prompt, "A conversation at dinner." This is for fun, the conversation they had the night that Jack made the famous "Crab Mongol." Enjoy...
-------------------------

Ennis sat down at the table, looking at the serving dishes in front of him. He had had a long day of painting the house, it had been hot, he was tired, and he was hungry.

“What are we havin’ tonight, Jack?” he asked.

“Somethin’ new that I found in my cookbook,” Jack replied. “It’s called ‘Crab Mongol.””

“Hmm,” said Ennis, serving himself some rice, then spooning the Mongol on top. He pushed his fork around in the mixture, trying to figure out exactly what it was. The color was odd, he thought, never saw food that was such an unusual shade of … gray.

He took a bite and moved the food around in his mouth and as he swallowed, he realized it was the worst thing he had ever tasted. It was all he could do not to spit it out on the plate.

Ennis looked at Jack, trying to gauge his reaction. Jack had a strained look on his face.

“What’s in this, anyway?” asked Ennis.

“Um, a can of tomato soup, a can of pea soup and a can of crab.”

Ennis looked at him. “Yer fuckin’ kiddin’ me, right?” he said.

Jack looked at him, puzzled. “No, that was the recipe.”

“Jack, I don’t even know how to fuckin’ cook, and I could tell you that anything with a can of tomato soup, a can of pea soup and a can of crab is gonna taste like shit. And this does. What were you thinkin’?”

“I was thinkin’ it sounded easy,” said Jack, with a sheepish look on his face.

Leslie I,m sat here reading this again crying with  laughter.  :laugh: That is sooooooo funny.  I can hear Ennis saying it too, in that lovely deep voice of his.  Brilliant. :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: A New car for Jack and Ennis
« Reply #388 on: June 25, 2006, 02:30:44 pm »

Price with Options: $6,608.00

I wrote this first, then went on Yahoo.com to do a search to find a picture of a 1976 Caprice.   I almost fainted when I found pictures of a blue 1976 Caprice sedan with only 700 miles on it!    It still has the original window sticker on it.  It is as if someone saved this car all these years for Jack and Ennis!   

LOL, the thing's a friggin' boat!!

Leslie

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: A Love Born From Steel: Jenny's Picture!
« Reply #389 on: June 25, 2006, 04:28:30 pm »
At long last, I was able to get a scan of the picture that Jenny drew of Jack & Ennis! Click for a larger view...