Author Topic: My New Babies  (Read 8285 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: My New Babies
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 02:41:43 pm »
These guys are slightly different.  They love to chew stuff up, but if it isn't organic in material, they just leave it in pieces on the floor (which is better than what my other two pica-dogs used to do - one had to have surgery once to remove the large pieces of rubber she had lodged in her colon after she chewed up and ate a tennis ball).

I was wondering what you might think of their names.  ;)  A neighbor told me that Natasha is actually Russian for Natalie.  Anyone know - is that true?  If so, someone must have *really* liked that name.

Yes, I think Natasha is Russian for Natalie just like Natalia or Natali is Spanish for Natalie and Nathalie is in French. It is the same name in different languages. Some people call me Natalia, others write it Natalie, and others call me Nat or Nata or Naty. (I hate Naty though).
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 02:45:34 pm »
I find myself calling Natalie "Nat" for short.  I also find myself calling Natasha "Tasha" for short.  For some reason, that latter one irritates my husband.  He says "Please don't call her Tasha - Natasha sounds so much better."  Oh, fer...  This from the guy who wanted to name our only son "Deke."
No more beans!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 03:37:33 pm »
I find myself calling Natalie "Nat" for short.  I also find myself calling Natasha "Tasha" for short.  For some reason, that latter one irritates my husband.  He says "Please don't call her Tasha - Natasha sounds so much better."  Oh, fer...  This from the guy who wanted to name our only son "Deke."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So you won out on the son's name, huh? (I like Deke, too, tho.)

That's what I thought about their nicknames--that you would call Natasha "Tasha" since the names were similar. I think that's cute.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 05:50:20 pm »

Oh Barb.  They are absolutely scrumptious.  Beauty and brains.   What more could you ask for?  I know
you will have many many years of love and devotion with them....       Congratulations     :) :) :) :)

Beautiful mind

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 05:59:04 pm »
Congratulations, Barb!  I'm really happy for both the dogs and you!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 10:44:29 pm »
cool babies!  Congrats!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 11:18:21 pm »
I love your two babies Barb!! They are so cute and I love their cute furry faces!! German Shepards are wonderful dogs! I wish you many happy years with your two new "kids"! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 04:08:13 am »
Gorgeous, Barb.  I'm glad they are able to stay together.  Thanks for sharing them, and I look forward to many more pictures of them.  :)

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 12:08:09 pm »
Congratulations, Momma Barb!  Love the babies.  I grew up with German Shepards and remember how smart and friendly they can be.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 10:28:44 pm »
Barb they are just beautiful and kudos to you for going the rescue route. Babies will chew I guess. My brother's Rottie chewed through the roof of his doghouse twice and all the wires and cables along the side of the house.

They grow up- eventually.

Heathen