Author Topic: In the New Yorker...  (Read 1922782 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: In the New Yorker...
« Reply #2070 on: March 02, 2019, 02:21:50 pm »

Wait, you mean like this, when you click on the button above with an icon of a framed picture? Then you would put the image address between the two bracketed img's?

Or maybe I'm not understanding what you're looking for.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2071 on: March 02, 2019, 05:32:46 pm »

Wait, you mean like this, when you click on the button above with an icon of a framed picture? Then you would put the image address between the two bracketed img's?

Or maybe I'm not understanding what you're looking for.

No. that's correct. When I click on the icon, I get the two bracketed img's, but I can't figure out how to get anything between those codes.

On my own blog yesterday, I was going to share a nice pic of some spring flowers that I found, but I can't figure out how to upload the pic from the Picture file on my PC.

Incidentally, when I hit "quote" to respond, the bracketed img's showed up, but I don't see them when I just read your post. If you put anything between the img's, I'm not seeing it.

And I guess I must have been too tired when I asked about this last night. That post should have gone on my blog, not here. My apologies. I just deleted it.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2072 on: March 02, 2019, 06:26:13 pm »
No. that's correct. When I click on the icon, I get the two bracketed img's, but I can't figure out how to get anything between those codes.

You can't just copy the URL, then place your cursor between the brackets and hit paste? (I didn't put anything there on my post.)

This only applies to online photos, though. I never did figure out how to post photos from my computer, even on the old site.

So this probably wouldn't work with your flowers.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2073 on: March 03, 2019, 05:30:17 pm »
You can't just copy the URL, then place your cursor between the brackets and hit paste? (I didn't put anything there on my post.)

This only applies to online photos, though. I never did figure out how to post photos from my computer, even on the old site.

So this probably wouldn't work with your flowers.

Placing the cursor between the brackets did not allow me to insert a photo stored on my PC. I was beginning to suspect photos can only be inserted from another online source.

I was never able to insert pics within a post on the old site either, but FRiend Lee showed me a way to post pics under the line at the bottom of a post. It worked sort of like posting your avatar. I posted a few pics that way, and I was thinking about starting to post more, but I guess it's all a moot point, now.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2074 on: March 04, 2019, 09:54:52 pm »
I've been away for a few days. Did your picture-posting problem get resolved?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2075 on: March 04, 2019, 11:27:16 pm »
I've been away for a few days. Did your picture-posting problem get resolved?

Thank you for asking, but no. Apparently in this new site form, you cannot upload a photo from your PC to a post.

OTOH, I have not looked into how you might change your avatar. Perhaps that has to come from another website, too.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2076 on: March 05, 2019, 12:23:46 pm »
Here is a photo I just uploaded from my PC. At the bottom of the dialogue box there is a button called "attachments and other options". Click on that and then on "Browse" (funny word for it!). You can attach up to 4 photos per post.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2077 on: March 05, 2019, 12:53:17 pm »
Here is a photo I just uploaded from my PC. At the bottom of the dialogue box there is a button called "attachments and other options". Click on that and then on "Browse" (funny word for it!). You can attach up to 4 photos per post.

Thank you, FRiend. It works!  :D (See the spring flowers on my blog.)

I guess I didn't notice that before because I have no brain. I think I need to go see the Wizard. ...

So, what is the image button for?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2078 on: March 05, 2019, 01:00:16 pm »
Oh, I see the image button. It just inserts open link and close link codes. You have to paste the location of your image between those codes. That's to use if you have your image parked in another location, like on photobucket.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2079 on: March 05, 2019, 01:48:31 pm »
Oh, I see the image button. It just inserts open link and close link codes. You have to paste the location of your image between those codes. That's to use if you have your image parked in another location, like on photobucket.

Thanks, FRiend. I had come to suspect that.

I'm glad we didn't lose any of our smileys in the transition. I think we have a wonderful range of expressive smileys.