Author Topic: A Star for Heath  (Read 7594 times)

Offline chowhound

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
A Star for Heath
« on: January 30, 2009, 06:26:32 pm »
A Brokie friend passed this along to me, so I thougth I'd pass it along in case any member of this board might be interested in the project. I know nothing about BayCityJohn except that he posts regularly on the Dave Cullen board:

BayCityJohn is looking for volunteers to help on the project to get A Star for Heath on the Hollywood Walk of
Fame.

"I'd love to see a comprehensive biography of Heath Ledger for the Web site. If anyone would like to tackle the
challenge, please send a PM to me. Not looking for cut-and-paste from other bios, rather something original and
heartfelt from his fans.

"I'd also like to start getting testimonials from Heath's friends, coworkers and family, so if anyone has
contact info that would be very helpful. Letters need to be written to solicit these testimonials.

"This is at least a 4-year project, so there is plenty of time, but I would like to get the website off the
ground at least by January 22 or April 4 at the latest.

"One of the criteria for the nomination is community involvement and charitable work by Heath. If anyone has
suggestions, please share.

"Fan testimonials will be included on the site as well, so if you'd like yours included please PM them to me and
I will get them on the site ASAP."

For more information and to join the discussion, visit the Friends of Brokeback Mountain Web site.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: A Star for Heath
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 06:58:34 pm »
Hey there, chowhound!  BayCityJohn is a well-known BetterMostian also!   ;)  :-*

Thanks very much for posting about this worthy endeavor!

8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 07:39:06 pm »
very good idea. Thanks for the info!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 06:52:35 pm »

What an awesome idea that is.  John would be a great guy to be involved.  We all know and love him.  He is a very
responsible kind of guy.  I will keep checking on it and keep track too...  good luck............. :-*    :-*

Beautiful mind

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 10:36:29 pm »

I agree that the star notion is a very good idea. :)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie