Author Topic: Favorite Childhood Television Shows!  (Read 106326 times)

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Favorite Childhood Television Shows!
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 06:12:37 pm »
Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie, or any other sitcom with a closeted husband and a wife who twitched various body parts to produce magic powers.

And

THE JETSONS!!!

And hello, the Muppet Show?

Pee Wee's Playhouse too.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 06:23:57 pm »
I so have to come on this thread when I have time! I have a whole section on favourite TV shows on my homepage. I will probably do it tomorrow. So can someone bump this page, please, so I remember to post. ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 07:56:48 pm »
Ah yes....I loved the Golden Girls, and still love the re runs.....so damn funny.....great lines for all the girls....

And another one i remember....Shirley Temples Fairy Tales....or something like that.....

I remember how charming she was, like a princess herself, and the stories were wonderful.....does anyone else remember them.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 08:18:59 pm »
The "shows" I listed weren't TV shows at all. They were 1) books 2) movies 3) radio shows. I listed some of my favorites till i was 15..which, folks, bring us to 1950. I saw no TV till I was 31--loved "Dark Shadows," and "The edge orf Night," the spooky soaps...

I DID love "All In the Family," but i had children of my own by then, so I didn't think it should count. MASH , too-but that's not even a children's show. Don't watch too much TV, unless HBO makes something of its own. (now.)
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2006, 08:36:44 pm »

My FAVE:  The Bugs Bunny and Tweety show!  :D

But it's not on the list ...  :( 
Errrr.... What's up Doc?  ??? :P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2006, 09:58:23 pm »
De Zevensprong!!!

De Ome Willem Show!!!

Melissa, what were these shows about? Please tell us when you get a chance!   :)

I so have to come on this thread when I have time! I have a whole section on favourite TV shows on my homepage. I will probably do it tomorrow. So can someone bump this page, please, so I remember to post. ;D

Becky, yes please do tell us! I/we would love to hear about some of them. Hopefully this will bump the thread up for you so you will see it tomorrow!

Ah yes....I loved the Golden Girls, and still love the re runs.....so damn funny.....great lines for all the girls....

And another one i remember....Shirley Temples Fairy Tales....or something like that.....

I remember how charming she was, like a princess herself, and the stories were wonderful.....does anyone else remember them.....

Katie - I love the Golden Girls too. I suppose most gay men do. Hopefully they will continue to play the re-runs years from now. 
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2006, 10:13:01 pm »
David, you have me intrigued.....what is it about the Golden Girls, that makes it liked by most gay guys.......I never knew that......

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2006, 10:37:13 pm »
David, you have me intrigued.....what is it about the Golden Girls, that makes it liked by most gay guys.......I never knew that......

Katie -

I don't know. But nearly every gay man I have ever met loved  the Golden Girls.

I guess I love the interaction between Blanche, Dorothy, Sophia and Rose. A perfect friendship. I love the way they sit in the kitchen until all hours of the night talking and laughing. This is something I love to do. I love the funny but innocent and gentle situations they get themselves in. Perhaps gay people love it because we are afraid that we will be single and alone when we get old. And it would be so nice to have a circle of friends like them to grow old with. It makes old age seem more bearable... almost enjoyable.  :)

Offline Katie77

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2006, 11:58:35 pm »
I know this is off subject regarding the poll, but I just wanted to reply to what you just said.....and while thinking of what to write, I realized something that I have always thought, and once again you have confirmed it......

Doesnt matter whether we are gay or straight, we all have those insecurities about old age, and even though the chances are that if we are straight, we will have children to be with us, it is still so very important to keep hold of our dear dear friends, who have been with us in all our years....these friends probably know more about us than our kids do anyway......

Just had a wonderful thought.....imagine, some of us from here, in twenty years time, sitting around that kitchen table, our hair greyer, our skin wrinklier, our step a little unsteady...remembering a movie from long ago, that made us cry with sadness, think of the unfairness, and love with a feeling of never wanting to let go.....like it is now, it will still be, in our hearts and souls, no matter what age we are....

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2006, 12:07:17 am »
Just had a wonderful thought.....imagine, some of us from here, in twenty years time, sitting around that kitchen table, our hair greyer, our skin wrinklier, our step a little unsteady...remembering a movie from long ago, that made us cry with sadness, think of the unfairness, and love with a feeling of never wanting to let go.....like it is now, it will still be, in our hearts and souls, no matter what age we are....

The Golden Brokie Girls.... lol

Anything is possible! And even if we are all still living in different countries all around the world, maybe they will have flying cars that can travel from Indiana to Australia in an hour or two. Or maybe they will have technology that will allow us to fax ourselves to other places instantly... kind of like that thing they used in Star Trek.

Beam me to Australia Scotty! lol

Anything is possible!   :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 02:00:56 am by David925 »