Author Topic: Favorite Childhood Television Shows!  (Read 106310 times)

mvansand76

Re: Favorite Childhood Television Shows!
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2006, 08:06:08 am »
Melissa, what were these shows about? Please tell us when you get a chance!   :)

De Zevensprong is a Dutch TV show for children (and adults) from 1982 in which a school teacher and his class help a boy who lives in a castle to look for a treasure in that castle. It's exciting, mysterious, scary and the soundtrack is awesome! I still have very fond memories of that show!

Ome Willem did a show on television for children with sketches!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2006, 11:10:48 am »
Katie -

I don't know. But nearly every gay man I have ever met loved  the Golden Girls.

I guess I love the interaction between Blanche, Dorothy, Sophia and Rose. A perfect friendship. I love the way they sit in the kitchen until all hours of the night talking and laughing. This is something I love to do. I love the funny but innocent and gentle situations they get themselves in. Perhaps gay people love it because we are afraid that we will be single and alone when we get old. And it would be so nice to have a circle of friends like them to grow old with. It makes old age seem more bearable... almost enjoyable.  :)

I suspect a lot of the appeal of The Golden Girls to a lot of gay men may be a lot more superficial than that--and not that I think this superficiality is a good thing, just that I think it's there.

I'm afraid a lot of the appeal is that you could practically replace each of the characters with a stereotypical gay male.  :(

Dorothy is the butch one. Then there's Blanche, constantly in pursuit of men. Rose could be replaced with a stereotypical air-headed twink, and Sophia could be "the old queen" who says what s/he thinks about anything.

And there are the snappy one-liners. The show was very well-written, at least you can say that.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2006, 11:13:45 am »
THE JETSONS!!!

"Jane! Stop this crazy thing!"  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2006, 07:00:03 pm »
Ah yes I knew I had to post somewhere. Good day my fellow children's TV enthusiasts(sp? I can't spend all my time watching children's TV and then spell correctly. who do you think I am, Big Bird: ah Big Bird my first love)

Well anyway as I mentioned before I have a album on my homepage type thing all about my favourite kids TV shows. And me and my friends are always coming out with "Do you remember this show...". And seeing as you asked I thought I would show you my album. Also cause I am from a different country and I am younger than most of you I though it would be good to share what I used to watch when I was younger.

This Link SHOULD work:
http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbum.jsp?PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=2781003
Also while you are on my photo's page feel free to check out any other of my albums. I have many on there including: My Wales trip, Good films and TV programmes and a Jake album.

Also I find this site good for British Cult tv:
http://www.jedisparadise.co.uk/index.htm?childrenstv/Captain%20Zed/Captain%20Zed.htm&1

If you have any questions about what these programmes were: google them there will be quite a lot of information on there. Or just ask me.
Enjoy!

Ps. You should be privilaged, I just posted my 800th post on here!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 07:03:05 pm by Becky »
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2006, 12:17:46 am »
Great thread! Of course we're telling our ages.   :o

I voted for:

1) Other -- Dark Shadows!  I was known to rush the other kids on the school bus: "If you don't quit foolin' around I'm gonna miss Dark Shadows!"   :laugh:
2) The Dick Van Dyke Show (Remember the walnut ep?)
3) My Favorite Martian (and of course I also loved Bill Bixby in The Courtship of Eddie's Father)
4) The Addams Family
5) Batman (*BIFF*!)

~Larz

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2006, 12:27:31 am »
Hey, Larz,

2) The Dick Van Dyke Show (Remember the walnut ep?)

That episode scared the daylights out of me!  ;D

3) My Favorite Martian (and of course I also loved Bill Bixby in The Courtship of Eddie's Father)

The Courtship of Eddie's Father. ... Jeez. ... To this day, the first thing I think of when I think of Jodie Foster is the little girl who beat up Eddie! Remember that episode?  :laugh:

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2006, 12:36:34 am »
Heya Jeff!  YES!  I loved the DVD Twilo episode.  Seeing Laura lift her hair so she could see with the eyes in the back of her head still gives me a chill.  And I loved it when she came gliding out of the closet on the wave of walnuts. 

Of course that makes me think of the Mary Tyler Moore show too.  *A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants*  I cried like a baby during the last episode.

LOL-I'd forgotten about Jodie Foster beating Eddie up!  Poor lil Eddie, and his father was such a good dad.  Thanks for reminding me! 

~Larz

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2006, 10:53:34 am »
I watched many tv shows when I was a kid, but I think I enjoyed "the Three's Company" the most.  Maybe because there was a "Jack" in there.  I don't know.

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2006, 11:40:59 am »
My alltime favourite: Die Sendung mit der Maus (The Show with the Mouse)!

It's a classic that has been on German television since 1971. I watched it as a kid, and now my kid watches it every Sunday. It's very cute and informative! In fact, many adults love it for the scientific topics. They, for example, explain things like "how do the stripes get into the toothpaste" or "how do they make peanut curls?" Is that the right expression? Lol. Just gotta love the Maus!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 11:44:22 am by Pipedream »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2006, 02:04:51 am »
The Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, My Three Sons, Family Affair, Bewitched, Green Acres, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Carol Burnett Show, Mary Tyler Moore, Wild, Wild West (which usually scared me).

I guess if I had to be on a desert island today, at 47, with all the episodes of just one of those shows, I'd pick Mary Tyler Moore, but only because I just got tired of Ricky's yelling on I Love Lucy.