Author Topic: Stop the Hate  (Read 18951 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Conservative or Liberal?
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 03:16:10 am »
Sorry davidinindy. Can't usurp the point I made for your own and turn it into a positive representation of liberalism. and profanity doesn't make your point any more strong!  ;)

Perhaps it didn't. But your original point was extremely weak as well. ;)

NOBODY is trying to do anyone's homework. You know better than that! Don't you?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

pnwDUDE

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 03:28:59 am »
I agree with HerrKaiser and labels.

I believe anyone who considers themselves extreme one way or the other is, well, fucked up. Just look at Tim McVey. He was an extremist right-winger.

I'm left of many issues and right of more, but I really don't fit into a category or label. Don't know why so many wanna draw a line and demand one be one or the other. I've seen it most of my life. So many demands by the gay community that a guy or gal has to be left-wing or turn in his/her gay membership card if he/she isn't. I've been told that. Sorry, but as it has been proven (I dare anyone try to disprove me by Google searches, Wikipedia, or their favorite left-leaning blog/info source) by the very members here that there are many of us who are gay/queer/fags/homo's/alternate lifestyle types who don't subscribe or adhere to the lock-step, sted-fast rules of the liberal left.

Brad 

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 03:36:10 am »
I agree with HerrKaiser and labels.

I believe anyone who considers themselves extreme one way or the other is, well, fucked up. Just look at Tim McVey. He was an extremist right-winger.

I'm left of many issues and right of more, but I really don't fit into a category or label. Don't know why so many wanna draw a line and demand one be one or the other. I've seen it most of my life. So many demands by the gay community that a guy or gal has to be left-wing or turn in his/her gay membership card if he/she isn't. I've been told that. Sorry, but as it has been proven (I dare anyone try to disprove me by Google searches, Wikipedia, or their favorite left-leaning blog/info source) by the very members here that there are many of us who are gay/queer/fags/homo's/alternate lifestyle types who don't subscribe or adhere to the lock-step, sted-fast rules of the liberal left.

Brad 

Hi Brad!

I understand what both you and HK are saying, but I really don't think Gary is asking something controversial or unacceptable. He was simply asking a question. Those who feel offended need not answer. It really is that simple. But those wishing to proclaim a political party may do so here! ;)

I think that was Gary's point.

BTW... have you played your train simulator again Brad? I'd still like to find a copy of it and load it on my computer. It sounds like a lot of fun! :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

pnwDUDE

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 04:49:28 am »
Hi Brad!

I understand what both you and HK are saying, but I really don't think Gary is asking something controversial or unacceptable. He was simply asking a question. Those who feel offended need not answer. It really is that simple. But those wishing to proclaim a political party may do so here! ;)

I think that was Gary's point.

BTW... have you played your train simulator again Brad? I'd still like to find a copy of it and load it on my computer. It sounds like a lot of fun! :D

I know what Gary was putting forth. I took his survey. What I am responding to are ones on the left or right who consider themselves extreme. I believe that is the divide in this country. Extremism. And I think they are the ones with the loose screws. IMO, of course.

Brad

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 07:40:48 am »
I admit, I'm a leftie...... :laugh:...always been, always will be......
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 09:04:48 am »
Perhaps it didn't. But your original point was extremely weak as well. ;)

NOBODY is trying to do anyone's homework. You know better than that! Don't you?

I agree with David.  It's extremely presumptuous to say conservatives are for 'people' while liberals are for 'groups'.  The argument could easily be turned around and show that conservatives care little for individuals - being easily able to deny those who aren't individually successful healthcare or a woman the right to choose or a gay person the right to marry but plenty for groups - especially those with money and so-called family values.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 03:51:36 pm »

I'm perfectly comfortable calling myself very, very liberal.  Or, even extemely liberal.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 04:05:54 pm »
I take issue with Kaiser trying to define what "liberal" is.  Gary asked us to state what we are for, not what we are against, in terms of what we vote for.  Not to use it as a pillbox to take potshots at political opponents.  Maybe we can stick to that?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 06:45:26 pm »

The conservative takes Johnny to the library, shows him the resource area, gives him some pointers, and sets him on his way to finish his homework, by himself.

The liberal gives Johnny the answers, or does Johnny's homework, and Johnny goes out to play.

Liberals seem to think it is nicer to give the answers to Johnny rather than see him work it out himself. They see Johnny as a kid who needs a special class at school with others "just like him". Conservatives think it is better to instill personal triumph as an individual able to accomplish tasks if given the chance to succeee. They try to develop responsibility so as an adult, Johnny is not only self sufficient, but an asset to society.
------------------------------------------

This is hogwash... you said that the two of you were angry, and upset because she pigeon holed you into a spot that
she thought that you fit.  Saying that you were just not like that, and proceeded to relay how you felt you truly stood,
and believed.   Sir that is exactly what you are doing in this instance to the liberals.  I would do none of the things that
you claim that I would have done because I am liberal.   So please if you wish to not be placed in ticky tacky boxes because
of your own beliets.  Please dont then do it to us, for the same reasons. 

Beautiful mind

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 11:07:28 pm »
I don't think you have any right to take issue with what I post. It would be appreciated if you would not be so judgemental and mean spirited.

Sure I do.  I think you're wrong.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”