Author Topic: SF Farewell Gathering for Kirk (7/18)  (Read 3235 times)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
SF Farewell Gathering for Kirk (7/18)
« on: July 14, 2006, 03:15:16 pm »
As many of you have already heard, our beloved Kirk (kirkmusic) is leaving San Francisco and moving to LA to launch his music career.  We all wish him well, but we will be sad to see him leaving (the SF crowd).  A small group of us is going to meet on 7/18 (Tuesday) around 7:00pm for a farewell gathering.  More details are still in the making, and I will update this post as they are confirmed.

If you happen to be in the city or around the bay area, you are very welcome to come and join us.  Kirk will sing and dance (ok, we are still working on that part  ;) ).

For those of you who wants to participate via phone (which is a BetterMost tradition :) ), you are welcome to contact me, Pete, or Kirk.  We will get it set up for you.  ;)

If you don't know who Kirk is and where the heck Kirk has been, check this thread:
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=2670.msg43198#msg43198
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 03:18:19 pm by JennyC »

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: SF Farewell Gathering for Kirk (7/18)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 06:49:22 pm »
WHERE?
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 01:29:10 pm »
Julie,

Sorry I didn't see your message here.  As I replied in PM to you, I am still waiting for the location details from Kirk.  I will let you know as soon as I hear anything from Kirk. :)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 04:29:37 pm »
We will meet for dinner at Axum, an Ethiopian restaurant on the corner of Haight and Pierce at 7pm on Tuesday July, 18th.

So far we have Pete, Julie, Jenny, Kirk and friends, and Melinda (tentatively).

Axum Cafe
698 Haight St, San Francisco, CA
(415) 252-7912
http://www.axumcafe.com/

There are a lot of good reviews for the restaurant.  I am looking forward to try some Ethiopian food there, and seeing you there.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 02:21:23 pm »
I noticed that nobody put a report up yet, so here is a quick one from me. 

We (Melinda, Julie, Pete and me) met with Nick, Kirk, and his friends at Axum Café around 7:00pm.  Pete and I were a little bit late as I was delayed in the traffic, but everyone else was on time, which was quite amazing.  We gave the card with many people’s well wishes to Kirk.  Everyone’s message was printed in font size 8 and posted in the card. (I should ask people to keep their message short and sweet.  :)) The Ethiopian food was great in my opinion. We ordered big veggie and meat platters and everyone shared.  The injera was not as sour as I remembered.  It was a good complement to the veggies and meat.  We all managed to use our hand to eat though not very skillfully.  That was part of the fun.  Kirk was jumping back and forth between the two group conversations.  No surprise that the discussion of BBM dominated the conversation of BetterMost’s group.  Melinda shared by us what she discovered in the first tent scene, play by play, in greater details.  I am sure some of us replayed that scene many times last night to try to catch that ;D. Sometimes we laughed so LOUD, and people looked at us like we were crazy.   At the end, Melinda took pictures of the group, but we have to wait for the films to be developed. 

Overall it was a very lovely night with lively conversation.

Oh I forgot, Melinda brought the BBM promotion material she got from e-bay.  The one in Chinese that they gave out at Starbucks in Taibei, Taiwan.  I was thrilled to see it as it was very well made with the description of the movie, actors and Ang.  I gave the group a quick “BBM in Chinese 101”.  ;)

(Psst, here is the gossip part in small print.  Kirk and Nick were very sweet together, very happy in each other’s company.  :))

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 04:30:54 pm »
Thanks for the report Jenny!  Sorry I could not be there.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 05:59:10 pm »
THanks Jenny.  Wish I could have been there, but so nice to be able to visualize your beautiful faces. 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 11:13:07 pm »
I gotta check in here more often.  I missed it, too.  Just found out about it!