Author Topic: OK, so who else is thinking of leaving then?  (Read 28228 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: OK, so who else is thinking of leaving then?
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2006, 01:30:19 am »
Hello! I'm staying too! Just not very active here lately. But it might change next month or so..

What's a matter, Jude, catS got yer fingers?  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2006, 11:10:42 pm »
I'm not going anywhere!  Hey, I just got here! ;)

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2006, 12:27:08 am »
It's because of you all that I'm like this... I'm nowhere near packed for my 400-mile move next week, I'm nothin' but hung up on warshrags and lotion and sheep pee and horrific, self-inflicted, pun-gent humor  ;) ...

BUT...

Heck no, Friends, I'm not going anywhere.  I should have more time for posting and reading after this durn move is done, but other than that, all the travelin' I ever did was around the internet lookin' for this site.  Now that I found it, I'm here to stay.  My heartfelt thanks go to everyone who makes BetterMost the friendliest, liveliest, most thought-provoking, BEST place to be in the orbit of the planet we call Brokeback Mountain!

:-*  -- Alec
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2006, 12:37:40 am »
Very eloquently stated!  Alec!
 :D

I love this thread.
 :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2006, 12:43:42 am »
all the travelin' I ever did was around the internet lookin' for this site. 

Perfect.  ;D

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2006, 03:11:18 am »
Very eloquently stated!  Alec!

So what else is gnu?

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2006, 08:45:34 am »
I know what its like Alec,I just moved house too.....only from one side of town to the other.....but it took me ages to get around to packing......my hubby was running around, organising boxes, removalist, concreting at new house, fencer at new house, electrician for new house....while i sat here, boxes still empty, cupboards still full....thinking "tomorrow, i'll get into it"......but i would get on here, and before i knew it half the day was gone, and i was still sitting here in my pyjamas....

Anyway, I did finally get around to it, and we did get moved, and we've been here now nearly two weeks, and today, i finally got the new place, looking just how i like it, feels like home.....

So dont despair, you'll be prepared for your move, you will just have to pack a lot faster, get a little less sleep, and you will get the job done.....good luck!!!

And your description of this site, is spot on.....I love it too....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2006, 10:20:19 am »
It's because of you all that I'm like this... I'm nowhere near packed for my 400-mile move next week, I'm nothin' but hung up on warshrags and lotion and sheep pee and horrific, self-inflicted, pun-gent humor  ;) ...

BUT...

Heck no, Friends, I'm not going anywhere.  I should have more time for posting and reading after this durn move is done, but other than that, all the travelin' I ever did was around the internet lookin' for this site.  Now that I found it, I'm here to stay.  My heartfelt thanks go to everyone who makes BetterMost the friendliest, liveliest, most thought-provoking, BEST place to be in the orbit of the planet we call Brokeback Mountain!

Nicely put, Alec!  When the production of "BrokenArsed Mountain" is in the can, I think you should direct the sequel:  "BrokenArsed Planet."  I'm sure we can arrange for Jack, Ennis and the gang to be wafted to another world---they're half there already.  ;D

Good luck with all the moving hoo-ha.  It'll feel so good when it's over.  :-*
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 10:31:46 am by meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2006, 12:53:06 am »
Nicely put, Alec!  When the production of "BrokenArsed Mountain" is in the can, I think you should direct the sequel:  "BrokenArsed Planet." 

High praise from the HIGH PRIESTESS!  You make me laugh, Meryl.   ;D

I'm sure we can arrange for Jack, Ennis and the gang to be wafted to another world---they're half there already.  ;D

Only half?!   ;)  Please, you flatter all of us! 

The move will happen -- Tuesday, July 25 -- David (my real-life JBB) had to go out of town after an extraordinary packing marathon, and now my brother Marty is here packing soup boxes and spuds on dumba&& mules while I check my PMs and post... it's a sweet life!  Thanks to all for the moral support and immoral subplots. 

** Hmmm, sounds like someone is practicing an acceptance speech...  **   ;)
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2006, 05:51:15 am »
no i'm not leaving...just learning theat there is more to life than sitting on the computer and scotland is (OMG!  Its hard to believe!! ;D) HAVING A SUMMER!!! (the weather channel could not have predicted THAT!)

So I'm enjoying the sun and the new decking in the garden I just put down at the weekend.. and of course the lovely new boyfriend that appeared a few months ago.

i come here really for the people - less for Ennis and jack these days!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/