Author Topic: The Tea Poll  (Read 15685 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
The Tea Poll
« on: March 22, 2009, 02:12:31 pm »
I am allowing people to vote for two options, just in case some enjoy both hot and cold tea.

When I'm drinking iced (cold) tea, I like to drink it plain, with nothing in it. If I'm drinking hot tea, I like some sugar in it otherwise it just tastes like hot water. :P

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: The Tea Poll
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 02:27:50 pm »

While I've always liked both coffee and tea.  Lately, I find myself ordering tea more and more.  I prefer hot tea with nothing added.  And, I also like unsweetened iced tea.

Sometimes for a special treat I like chai tea lattes... but having one of those constitutes a dessert for me, not really a cup of tea as just a beverage.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 05:08:22 pm »
Hot with milk
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 06:01:56 pm »
Hot with milk and sweetner.
Cold with ice, lemon and sweetner.

If it's a fragrant tea - jasmine or something similar, then I take it plain hot or cold.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 07:12:30 pm »
I like both hot and cold tea.  I prefer them both plain, but if I added anything it would be a lemon wedge to my cold tea.   :)

I went all winter without a sniffle, but now I've got a cold so I'm actually having a cup of hot green tea right now - very soothing!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 07:35:45 pm »
I like both hot and cold tea.  I prefer them both plain, but if I added anything it would be a lemon wedge to my cold tea.   :)

I went all winter without a sniffle, but now I've got a cold so I'm actually having a cup of hot green tea right now - very soothing!

The green tea will get rid of that cold for you, Marie! Black tea is also an immune system booster. :)

Feel better soon, sweetie! :-*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 07:45:39 pm »
I was reading an interesting article posted on MSNBC. It said that people who drank 5 cups of black tea a day for two weeks transformed their immune system T cells into "Hulk cells" capable of pumping out 10 times as much cold and flu virus fighting interferon. :)

They said Green tea would probably have the same results.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 08:13:20 pm »
Like most Aussies we are brought up with having a cup of tea with a meal.

Growing up, there was always a teapot of tea made, to drink after we had finished eating most meals.

I have hot tea, with milk and sugar. I like it sweet so have two or three teaspoonfuls of sugar, depending on the size of the cup.

Contrary to what people often think about us tea drinkers, I dont drink it out of a little cup with my little finger poking out as I hold the cup. I drink it out of a mug.

But when I was a kid, we always have a cup and saucer on the table in front of our plate for our cup of tea.

Since everyone mostly uses tea bags now, most of the new generation have never had a tea pot, or used loose tea leaves to make the tea.

I have four or five cups of tea a day. Rarely drink coffee at home, but if I go to Mcdonalds I always get coffee.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 08:20:06 pm »
Did you take the coffee poll, Sue?

I love iced tea in the summer, but unlike the Southerners I don't like my iced tea sweet. I drink it plain. I rarely drink hot tea though, although I do like hot tea. I just never think about making any. :-\

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 08:58:45 pm »
The green tea will get rid of that cold for you, Marie! Black tea is also an immune system booster. :)

Feel better soon, sweetie! :-*

Thanks, David!  :-*  I'm having another cup right now!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain