Author Topic: COLLECTOR'S EDITION DVD Release  (Read 56181 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jan 23rd: 2-Disc Collectors Edition DVD!!
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2006, 10:30:48 am »
Hey Euros and Australians: same here.  Our sunny Colorado casa has a full guest bath, nice yard and a big-screen TV & nice speakers for Mountain viewing.  And we can drive you around the lovely, similar terrain we have here or in nearby Wyoming. 

(And maybe later you can host us or at least give us pointers when we visit your cool country . . .)

Hey Ellemeno:  loved your 'armpit' crack. I needed that belly laugh!
All Europeans and Australians are warmly invited to Seattle to view the 2 disc set in its entirety on January 24th, 2006.  We have one guest bed, two couches, floor space for sleeping bags, and a back yard for puptents.

Awww, Celeste and Laura, that's sweet. I second Fabienne: if only...
Would it be ok if the puptent I'd bring along would not smell like cat piss or worse  ;)?

Can you imagine in Germany the regular DVD came out not earlier than last week? Thank God the UK was only a few weeks behind the US. So I ordered it from there, since there was no way I could stand it.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2006, 10:28:03 pm »
nope. not gonna do it. i'm a purist when it comes to this. what ever the director puts out at the release is the original film. everything else is just a ploy to make more money.

just kidding. I'll at least Netflix it, if I don't buy it.

Ya had me goin' there for a minute star. :D

Honestly though, to some point I agree.  I think the movie as it is is a masterpiece.  Not a thing needs to be added or detracted.  I'm interested in seeing some extras, but what do we know about the extras?  I don't particularly care about the 'hippie scene', I'm interested more in scenes of the two of them together or more intimacy, but I know such scenes don't exist.  There is probably a few more minutes in the closet scene at the Twist's and maybe a scene at Jack's grave.

I'm all for the commentary if it's a good one.

What else do you think?   
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 12:28:06 pm by delalluvia »

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: THE COLLECTORS EDITION!!!
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2006, 01:43:04 am »
Available 23 January 2007:

http://homevideo.universalstudios.com/details.php?childId=36609
                                                                                                                                             oh my goodness, that was wonderful information..thank you so much for giving us the way to get this long awaited piece of brokeback memorabilia..great news.......                               janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2006, 06:13:24 am »
I'm all for the commentary if it's a good one.

What else do you think?   

I love watching DVD commentaries, even for movies I only kind of like.  I've learned most of what I know about film-making that way. :)

I've heard Ang has never done a DVD commentary, but there are so many people I would be very happy to hear too.  Shoot - even some of our knowledgeable fellow Brokies. :)

Or Pierre.  That would be cool.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2006, 09:51:37 am »

I've heard Ang has never done a DVD commentary, but there are so many people I would be very happy to hear too.  Shoot - even some of our knowledgeable fellow Brokies. :)

Or Pierre.  That would be cool.

There's a commentary made by Ang Lee and James Shamus on the Sense and Sensibility DVD. They are always going on about 'the sheep'. Apparently they had a lot of trouble shooting the 'sheep' scenes' in that movie (luckily there weren't many), which made Ang Lee decide never to do a film with sheep again!  :laugh:  :laugh:
Thank God, he changed his mind about that.

The commentary on the dvd is nice, he does talk about how they did certain scenes and why.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2006, 11:29:21 am »

Thank God, indeed!   :o   :P   :D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2006, 02:24:47 pm »
Sounds like an opportunity for a west coast party, eh, Elle?

Cuz everyone knows that there ain't no party like a west coast party cuz a west coast party don't stop...

I have an extra room-with a floor, no bed (yet) and a beautiful town to see. Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis.

O0

Heathen

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2006, 02:42:01 pm »

There's a commentary made by Ang Lee and James Shamus on the Sense and Sensibility DVD.

The commentary on the dvd is nice, he does talk about how they did certain scenes and why.

I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't seen it.

:)

horo35

« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2006, 03:00:01 pm »

There's a commentary made by Ang Lee and James Shamus on the Sense and Sensibility DVD. They are always going on about 'the sheep'. Apparently they had a lot of trouble shooting the 'sheep' scenes' in that movie (luckily there weren't many), which made Ang Lee decide never to do a film with sheep again!  :laugh:  :laugh:

What is the Sense & Sensibility DVD?   ???

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2006, 03:04:45 pm »
What is the Sense & Sensibility DVD?   ???

A movie Ang directed of the Jane Austen novel.