Author Topic: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC  (Read 88700 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2006, 04:45:04 pm »
I picked up my Amtrak tickets today at my local Train Station!    My train arrives 6 minutes before yours Jeff!      But I can't get out until 8pm.   

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2006, 06:09:40 pm »
I picked up my Amtrak tickets today at my local Train Station!    My train arrives 6 minutes before yours Jeff!      But I can't get out until 8pm.   

(Responded via PM.)  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2006, 09:42:18 am »
Bumpin' 'cause it's gettin' closer--and I'm gettin' excited! Yeehaw!  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2006, 10:52:43 am »
I was reading this thread and getting exciting too, for you guys of course. :)

I saw that HobokenJeff is going to the Brunch.  Is he here on BetterMost?  I missed his posts back in the IMDb days. 

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2006, 11:35:49 am »
I was reading this thread and getting exciting too, for you guys of course. :)

I saw that HobokenJeff is going to the Brunch.  Is he here on BetterMost?  I missed his posts back in the IMDb days. 

At the risk of being indiscreet, I believe Meryl sent him a link to this brunch thread, but I'm not clear on what the "rule," if any, is nowadays for inviting people here to our Bettermost Tremblay spread, so I don't know whether or not he's signed on.

I miss his posts, too.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 03:17:10 pm by Jeff Wrangler »

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2006, 01:57:30 pm »
At the risk of being indiscreet, I believe Mery sent him a link to this brunch thread, but I'm not clear on what the "rule," if any, is nowadays for inviting people here to our Bettermost Tremblay spread, so I don't know whether or not he's signed on.

I miss his posts, too.

Phillip encourages people to invite other real brokies here.  It's a moderated board, so troll is not really that big of a concern.  Well, when you see him, just let him know that people here do miss his presence.  Based on his last few posts, he may have other reasons not wanting to join, and we all can understand it.  Just thought at least we let him know that we are here :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2006, 03:15:54 pm »
At the risk of being indiscreet, I believe Mery sent him a link to this brunch thread, but I'm not clear on what the "rule," if any, is nowadays for inviting people here to our Bettermost Tremblay spread, so I don't know whether or not he's signed on.

I miss his posts, too.

Phillip encourages people to invite other real brokies here.  It's a moderated board, so troll is not really that big of a concern.  Well, when you see him, just let him know that people here do miss his presence.  Based on his last few posts, he may have other reasons not wanting to join, and we all can understand it.  Just thought at least we let him know that we are here :)

To be sure, Jenny!  :D

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2006, 06:30:12 am »
Jealous.  Oh so jealous.

Since I'll be working all weekend and couldn't afford to come out there even if I weren't, would it be weird if I maybe, say, got someone's cell number so I could call and say hello Saturday?  Any volunteers please leave a PM.

Kirk

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2006, 07:31:03 am »
Jealous.  Oh so jealous.

Since I'll be working all weekend and couldn't afford to come out there even if I weren't, would it be weird if I maybe, say, got someone's cell number so I could call and say hello Saturday?  Any volunteers please leave a PM.

Kirk

Oh great idea, Kirk!  Me too.  Birng your cell phones!  And think of John - I know you will.

Offline wtbgirl

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2006, 01:42:20 pm »
UPDATE:  OK, all set, the reservation is confirmed for 12 at 12 pm, Saturday April 29th.  Just ask for the table for 12 under the name Amy, when you arrive.   See you then!   ;D