Author Topic: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC  (Read 89827 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC
« Reply #230 on: May 03, 2006, 08:22:06 pm »
Oh?   did I forget to mention I bumped into this guy when I was walking back to Penn Station?      

Ok,  maybe that was a dream I had when I fell asleep on the train!   LOL
Looks like it could have been in NY doesn't it?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #231 on: May 03, 2006, 08:34:23 pm »
Yep, David, that's the ad!  :laugh:

Oh wow, that pic of Jake is smokin'.  I know you didn't really bump into him, though, because you'd be dead from the hotness!  Jeez, I think I would spontaneously combust if I saw that walking down the street toward me.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #232 on: May 04, 2006, 12:10:02 am »
OMG....I'd probably faint. That tongue! That hair!That body! Oh, to be that water bottle...  ??? Sigh ???
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Audio Project is coming!
« Reply #233 on: May 04, 2006, 04:15:37 am »
Hi fellow Brokies!

Yesterday evening I finally finished my audio project and sent it to our administrator Phillip via e-mail. It's approximately ten minutes long, and I hope you people won't be disappointed by it... (it's actually quite strange to hear myself speak English on that recording; sounds a bit artificial to me, but anyway). I guess it will be online soon, given Phillip can upload it (it's a rather big file).

At this point let me say thank you once again to all of you who attended the Brokie Brunch and made this an unforgettable weekend for me. What an adventure it was! I can't quite believe that I was actually in NYC only days ago!

Special thanks go to Jenny who offered me a place to stay, to Meryl who recommended that nice hotel and showed me and her friend Sarah around town and, of course, to ABC-Will who couldn't come to the Cowgirl but took me out for brunch on Sunday and went up the Empire State Building with me (you can see pictures of that on a special thread at "Anything goes").

Thanks, thanks, thanks! I had a hell of a good time and still congratulate myself on having made the spontaneous decision of going on that trip. Should anyone of you ever happen to visit Germany, let me know!!

Now it's back to online chat again, I guess, and, of course, back to work. I do miss my New-York holiday feeling already!

Many hearty Brokie greetings from my side of the pond!
You all are a great bunch of nice people and I am glad I had the honour to make your aquaintance. 

Danke!

ANKE

:-*    
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 07:43:02 am by Pipedream »

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!
« Reply #234 on: May 04, 2006, 05:29:00 pm »

Wow, Guys, the pics look great. Thanks so much for posting. I sure am glad you guys were able to meet up.

Hope I can join you all on the next one.  :)

Lots of love,
reanna
I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: Audio Project is coming!
« Reply #235 on: May 04, 2006, 05:33:55 pm »
Hi fellow Brokies!

Yesterday evening I finally finished my audio project and sent it to our administrator Phillip via e-mail. It's approximately ten minutes long, and I hope you people won't be disappointed by it... (it's actually quite strange to hear myself speak English on that recording; sounds a bit artificial to me, but anyway). I guess it will be online soon, given Phillip can upload it (it's a rather big file).

I enhanced just a small portion of it, but otherwise I'd have to say this audio documentary is actually outstanding work.  This is really professional quality work, and you should give yourself a pat on the back for it.  In listening to international broadcasters, this is right up there with stuff I've heard on Radio Netherlands.  Just great work!

It's now available as a special report on our front page.  Just click the FRONT button at the top of the menu or head back to the home page: www.bettermost.net and enjoy!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #236 on: May 04, 2006, 05:45:20 pm »
Oh my dear. It's right on the homepage. Phillip!!!!! Are you crazy? Had I known that you'd put it there, I certainly wouldn't have finished it in the middle of the night (tired) and probably would have edited it all over again...

Gosh. Thanks anyway. And cheers! (pouring herself a beer).   ;)

::)

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #237 on: May 04, 2006, 06:08:18 pm »
OMG, Anke, I'm loving this!! It's brilliant!! It makes it all seem so much closer. I'm not finished listening yet though. And btw, I LOVE your accent!
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #238 on: May 04, 2006, 07:13:05 pm »
ANKE!!!!!!

There are no words for how wonderful that audio interview is!!  I'm sitting here wiping tears from my eyes, it was that great!  All the little sound clips and quotes you interspersed with each of us talking, and the way you edited it so that each subject was covered---just WOW!!  Thank you so much!!  :-*  :-*  :-* 

To everyone who may not know, Anke is a radio professional in Germany, and it certainly shows.  I'm sendin' up a prayer of thanks that she made it to the Broncho and produced this amazing and touching record of our day.   Run, everybody, and listen to it pronto!  Yeeehaaawww!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #239 on: May 04, 2006, 08:02:18 pm »
OMG, Anke, I'm loving this!! It's brilliant!! It makes it all seem so much closer. I'm not finished listening yet though. And btw, I LOVE your accent!

ANKE!!!!!!

There are no words for how wonderful that audio interview is!!  I'm sitting here wiping tears from my eyes, it was that great!  All the little sound clips and quotes you interspersed with each of us talking, and the way you edited it so that each subject was covered---just WOW!!  Thank you so much!!  :-*  :-*  :-*

To everyone who may not know, Anke is a radio professional in Germany, and it certainly shows.  I'm sendin' up a prayer of thanks that she made it to the Broncho and produced this amazing and touching record of our day.   Run, everybody, and listen to it pronto!  Yeeehaaawww!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Ach du meine Güte! (= Oh, my goodness!!!!) You guys really make me blush. Glad you liked it. Thank you! Danke! :-*
What can I say? Nothing intelligent, I guess. Here's a little sunflower for you from me and my daughter:  :)