Author Topic: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC  (Read 89742 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC
« Reply #260 on: May 05, 2006, 06:08:00 pm »
See, I didn't have to be there in person, you multimedia'd us all there.  Love it!  Clarissa

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #261 on: May 05, 2006, 06:25:37 pm »
Yep, Clarissa, that brunch was attended by a whole herd o' Brokies!  :D

Poor Anke and Penthesilea--I hadn't realized you were denied hearing the actors' voices til you got the DVD!  What a difference to hear the real thing, especially with the accents and the Westernisms.  Too bad they didn't just subtitle it.  :(

LOL at the dog loving the harmonica!  There's no accountin' fer taste.  ;D

Welcome Sister Sarah of the clever screen name!  Glad to see you here.  8)

Got some more pictures back, so here goes:

Two cowgirls, Amy and Jenny:

David, HobokenJeff, Anke:

Sarah, Juan and JeffWrangler:

Three Lureen Wannabees:

« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 02:22:14 am by Meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #262 on: May 05, 2006, 06:56:03 pm »
Here's me and the boys.  Kinda looks like I have a little mantilla on my head  :laugh:

Another quartet (or I should say sextet with the phone guys there):

Outside the Cowgirl (Sarah taking the picture):

Getting settled for drinks at Chumley's.  Who knew they had a High Priestess throne?  ;D

David let me try on his Jack Twist hat!  You can see Jenny's lovely two-hat necklace, too.  And in the background are those crazy Daughters of the Revolution in their tricorns  ::)

And finally, the ad that continued to inspire us on our way home on the subway  ;)

« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 03:40:59 pm by meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #263 on: May 05, 2006, 07:24:28 pm »
Haha, Meryl, we are all still in a state of permanent worship towards thee, High Priestess...  ;D You deserved that chair!

And for all of you non-attenders of the Brokie Brunch: the subwayride in the last picture posted actually appears in the audio report! Just had the microphone tucked into the bag for the photo...

8) 

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #264 on: May 05, 2006, 07:35:04 pm »
Yay!     more great pics Meryl!     Thanks!

I soooo need to go visit my mom so I can listen to the Audio recording.   My sound card on my computer fried during my last hard drive failure.

oh!   and that cell phone stuck to my head in those shots is me talking to ptannen and Kirk in California!     They wanted to share the BBM brunch experience!   :laugh:

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #265 on: May 05, 2006, 11:20:52 pm »
Wowow! I just downloaded the audio. I LOVE it so much! It's such a trip hearing y'alls voices and hearing you guys actually saying "Lureen" and "Brokie" and not just typing it! Was that Jenny playing the harmonica?

Anke, very nicely done and very professional. Love your voice!
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #266 on: May 05, 2006, 11:59:02 pm »
You bet, sister! That was me. And Meryl, I love your pictures!!! Thank you so much! Can I get doubles made up?? I'll pay you 10 times what they cost, cause they are priceless!! Thanks everyone for making this thread bring so many smiles to my face the past few days. *MWA!*

Jenny  ;D

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #267 on: May 07, 2006, 03:59:26 pm »
We have to do this again!

I realized when I was getting dressed this morning. I need another belt buckle--for my brown belt that goes with my brown cowboy boots. ... OK, how gay is that?   :laugh:

And Jenny has to give me lessons in the Jack Twist belt-buckle flick. I just can't seem to get it right. ...   :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #268 on: May 07, 2006, 09:23:04 pm »
We have to do this again!

I realized when I was getting dressed this morning. I need another belt buckle--for my brown belt that goes with my brown cowboy boots. ... OK, how gay is that?   :laugh:

And Jenny has to give me lessons in the Jack Twist belt-buckle flick. I just can't seem to get it right. ...   :D

Hey Jeff! Hope you're still celebratin! Your b-day that is. I'd be happy to give you some lessons, if you'll learn me on what them bandanas are for!

We must do the Brunch again--next time with John Gallagher at the head of the table. I've been wearing my belt buckle A LOT lately. and lovign every minute of it.

Happy Sunday night, Brokies!

Love,

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #269 on: May 08, 2006, 03:03:23 pm »
Bump for bandanna class later!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.