Author Topic: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC  (Read 88721 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC
« Reply #290 on: May 10, 2006, 01:48:00 am »
Give each other a hug for me.  And give John a kiss on the top of his head, if it feels right to do.

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #291 on: May 10, 2006, 02:05:41 am »
I'm oh so very jealous, but that is overshadowed by being happy for you. Tell John how much we love him! Take more pictures!

Offline Two_mules

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #292 on: May 10, 2006, 02:26:29 am »
Speaking of really good things, Jenny and I are meeting John Gallagher tomorrow!  I can't wait to meet him and chew the fat about the Broncho.  Yeehaw!  :D

Have fun both of you, and tell John I'm sorry I missed meeting him.

Hey Sarah! What is that white picket fence-looking thing in your avatar from the first (and only) bar scene between Jack and Ennis??

Look closer. It's a collage of four pics of Jack and Ennis. :)
Give back your heart to itself, to the stranger who has loved you all your life, whom you ignored for another, who knows you by heart.
~ Derek Walcott, Love After Love

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #293 on: May 10, 2006, 08:45:52 am »
Pass many hearty greetings onto John and tell him I'm a huge fan of his intelligent and funny posts when you meet him (it all started with the hilarious "Cowboy etiquette" thread on IMDB...). I would have loved to meet him, too.
Well, I'll be thinking of you guys, wearing my brand new Brokie Brunch t-shirts that just arrived today.  :)

Yeah, Jenny, I got them!!! Thank you, the are great!!!

Have fun at the meeting! ;D

ANKE
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 09:13:19 am by Pipedream »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #294 on: May 10, 2006, 09:02:55 am »
Jeff, you are certainly a fount of interesting knowledge!  I think someone needs to produce a gay version of Jeopardy! and make the gay hanky code a regular category.   ;D

I had to look up the red hanky code, too, of course.  Owie!   :P

Yes, Ennis usually wears his gloves in his back right pocket, but that doesn't quite jive with his perceived role in his relationship with Jack, seeing that the right side indicates the partner on the receiving end of things.  Ah well, not every symbolic meaning can be applied to this movie.  ;)

David, I'm glad you finally got to hear the audio.  I played it for a couple of friends last night, and they thought it was great and wanted to look at the pictures.  I think they finally started thinking of my obsession as being less of a jokey thing and more of a really good thing.  8)

Speaking of really good things, Jenny and I are meeting John Gallagher tomorrow!  I can't wait to meet him and chew the fat about the Broncho.  Yeehaw!  :D

Actually, Jeopardy! has been done. So has that other popular game show, but as Wheel of Torture.  ;D

If you see this in time, do give my best to John Gallagher! I'm sure it's a good sign if he's able to get out and about. I hope he has a good support network. I can't imagine what a trying experience this must be fore him.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #295 on: May 10, 2006, 09:04:22 am »
yes, please widh him all the best from me also.
x
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #296 on: May 10, 2006, 09:41:07 am »
Greetings to John, thanks to Anke for the audio report (very professional!), and hurrah that you all had a lovely time.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #297 on: May 10, 2006, 12:35:37 pm »
We'll bring all these good wishes with us! Anke, I am soososo glad you got the t-shirts at last! I have the $$ from Meryl, thanks very much.

And Meryl, can you bring your camera? Merci beaucoup!

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #298 on: May 10, 2006, 05:10:06 pm »
How come we didn't go up to Times Square and get our picture taken with this Cowboy?     ;D

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 05:15:39 pm by DavidinHartford »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #299 on: May 10, 2006, 05:48:26 pm »
How come we didn't go up to Times Square and get our picture taken with this Cowboy?     ;D

DAMN!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.