Author Topic: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC  (Read 89825 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC
« Reply #330 on: June 15, 2006, 03:55:28 pm »
Ich bin ja ein Brokie!  (though I resemble a jelly donut)  ;D  I think that line deserves repeating (see new sig).  :)

Thanks for the laugh, Jenny and Anke.  And the audio is the perfect last touch!  8)

Those pictures of your town are beautiful, Anke.  So idyllic, tucked into the hills like that.  Now I'm ready to go to a German Brokie Brunch!  :D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #331 on: June 15, 2006, 04:04:56 pm »

Those pictures of your town are beautiful, Anke.  So idyllic, tucked into the hills like that.  Now I'm ready to go to a German Brokie Brunch!  :D

Yeah! Come over!!!   ;D

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #332 on: June 15, 2006, 08:41:18 pm »
  There are indeed jelly donuts that are called "Berliners!"

That is interesting.    My local bakery has a donut called a "Bismark".  It is powder sugar coated with jelly and whipped cream filling.   They are very heavy!    Eat one of those and you feel like you have a ships anchor in your belly!   LOL

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #333 on: June 16, 2006, 01:49:58 am »
Yum David.  Sounds delish. 

Don't bring any to the picnic guy.

8)

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #334 on: June 16, 2006, 07:13:05 am »
LOL  Hi Juan!

No,  no donuts!   I call them Do-Nots now!       My not so girlish figure is the result of too many co-workers bringing in donuts to work!   So they are off of my diet now.     I hope to slim down into Jack Twists pants eventually.     Hmm,  that didn't come out right but it sure sounds good!    LOL     I'll settle for Heaths pants.   Although neither of those guys really has a nice bubble butt.      Not that .....I'd better stop now!!!      LOL

Oh yeah,  the next picnic?    July right Meryl?     

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #335 on: June 16, 2006, 10:06:13 am »
Yum David.  Sounds delish. 

Don't bring any to the picnic guy.

8)

Juan

What picnic guy? Did I miss something? (Actually, yeah, jenny, you did--about 2 months of posts on CT. LOL)

Welcome back Juan! And, I am glad to see this thread is still alive! David, are you coming to Pridefest next weekend? How about Jeff Wrangler? We should make a banner that says "Brokeback fans for Pride." Except I'll be staffing my booth all day--drat!

Anyway, I hope to see you there (and Juan, I know I don't even have to say that to you, JCinNYC2006 !!)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 01:39:10 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #336 on: June 16, 2006, 12:17:14 pm »
Hey Jenny!  You haven't missed anything, there's some talk about a picnic but I'm not sure when.  And you'll definitely see me next week at Pride!  Maybe I'll even wear one of the shirts (although I should've bought a larger size).  Hopefully it'll be a beautiful day for it.

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #337 on: June 16, 2006, 01:38:35 pm »
Yes, everyone PLEASE visualize a beautiful sunny day for Pridefest so I don't get rained on. The event is rain or shine. I don't really want to spend the extra bucks for a canopy tent for my booth. Juan, I'm gonna PM you now about a couple of things....
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #338 on: June 16, 2006, 02:48:28 pm »
What picnic guy? Did I miss something? (Actually, yeah, jenny, you did--about 2 months of posts on CT. LOL)

Welcome back Juan! And, I am glad to see this thread is still alive! David, are you coming to Pridefest next weekend? How about Jeff Wrangler? We should make a banner that says "Brokeback fans for Pride." Except I'll be staffing my booth all day--drat!

Anyway, I hope to see you there (and Juan, I know I don't even have to say that to you, JCinNYC2006 !!)

Sorry, you won't be seeing me. I haven't done New York Pride in years. Kinda over it. I do think it's important to be visible right here where I live, work, and pay taxes--Philadelphia, except that I was ill with a migraine for our own Pride festival last Sunday.  :(

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for nice weather.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #339 on: June 21, 2006, 09:11:54 pm »
Tell ya what...we're doing another Brokie Brunch!

Check it out, Friends:  http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=2789.0
Ich bin ein Brokie...