Author Topic: Heath Ledger & Michelle Williams To Live in $2.3 Million 'Treehouse'  (Read 5469 times)

vkm91941

07/21/06
 08:25:56, Categories: Celebrity News 

Heath Ledger & Michelle Williams To Live in $2.3 Million 'Treehouse'

Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams have purchased a legendary home in the Hollywood Hills that is considered by many to be a modern architectural masterpiece. The $2.3 million home was once owned by talk show host Ellen DeGeneres and has been dubbed the 'Treehouse.'

It has sweeping views and celebrity neighbors including Kirsten Dunst and Matthew McConaughey.

The couple, who have a nine-month-old daughter, Matilda, currently live in a Brooklyn, New York, town house and recently sold their beach front home in Sydney, Australia, because the paparazzi could see into the front of the glass structure.

The pair won't have that problem at their new home, according to Coldwell Banker real estate broker Valerie Fitzgerald, "Nobody can see into the property."

Ledger appears to have had a change of heart when it comes to bringing up his family in Los Angeles. Last year, he said he moved his family to New York because, "I didn't want to raise my child in Hollywood."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Heath Ledger & Michelle Williams To Live in $2.3 Million 'Treehouse'
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 11:01:56 pm »
Well, it looks like our NYC Heath sightings will be fewer and more far between, eh?  I hope they're happy in their new place out there.  Sounds beautiful.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 12:41:52 am »
They actually bought this house months ago.  they are only starting to move in now, so the press just got wind of it.
IT has been being worked on, and they are not leaving NY--this just gives them their own space when they have to be in LA for whatever reason-work, meetings, filming etc.
I am betting NY will remain their main place of residence, LA will just be their secondary residence.
IT is just safer and easier to have your own place when you have to be bi-coastal so often.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 12:43:44 am by ranchgal »

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 12:49:33 am »
Closer to me-as though that means anything  ::)

O0

Heathen

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 05:43:34 am »
Closer to me-as though that means anything  ::)

O0

You never know, Roux, you never know. "There are no coincidences. Everything happens for a reason."

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 06:26:55 am »
Anyone who would leavr Cobble Hill for L.A. is nurts...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 04:25:03 pm »
I tried to find photos of this place on the Internet.  No luck so far.

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 05:21:10 pm »
I don't know if ellen ever published photos or not.
might be on her site though who knows.

IF you can't see into the property, and they are protected from prying eyes, there is no reason to think that you could just find photos of the house, it would have to be by permission, and unless Ellen threw a party sometime and allowed photos--there may not be any.   And H/M have been remodeling it too so it may not be totally the same.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 05:23:46 pm by ranchgal »

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 05:24:48 pm »
I tried to find photos of this place on the Internet.  No luck so far.

There are some in this week's Us Weekly (that I still swear I don't subscribe to or buy ;)).  I was flipping through it in yet another unusually slow supermarket check-out line - I have a real knack for picking the problematic ones, lemme tell ya - and they had a two-page spread about it.  The pics were pretty small but you could get the gist.  I'd have rather seen the views than the kitchen, myself, but it does have a lot of dark wood and exposed beams, which I've always liked and wish I had - kinda hard to come by in Florida, though.
No more beans!

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 05:25:02 pm »
Anyone who would leavr Cobble Hill for L.A. is nurts...

They are NOT leaving NY---this is a second residence for when they HAVE to or want to be in CA.