Author Topic: All that's left...  (Read 4970 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
All that's left...
« on: July 28, 2006, 05:58:21 pm »
All that's left of my many months of posting and postulating and theorizing and emoting and connecting on IMDb over BBM are 21 posts, and most on the same few threads that have not been deleted.

I tend to get rid of reminders of the past from time-to-time, but I wasn't quite ready to have all my thoughts and feelings, so publicly expressed, be purged without my consent.

My appreciation for BetterMost continues to grow...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
Re: All that's left...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 06:02:02 pm »
I know... My last special thread, "The Art Which Transcends Art" was deleted the second week of June, it was still an active and much appreciated thread.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 06:22:25 pm »
I went back to IMDb a few days ago for the first time in months, and was so saddened to see how little is left. It's on an auto-delete program, every day one day's worth of threads is being deleted. I've been bumping threads to protect them, and others are also.
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 07:38:21 pm »
Bump-a-thon

I'm on it

O0

Heathen

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 04:19:47 pm »
Sigh...at least we've got the archive. Oh, blessed archive. I love you so.

note: for those that don't know, that is the archive created by me and Andrew (littledarlin) and about 8 other people when the sh*t hit the fan at IMDb during the troll attack of late March, and we saved a bunch a great threads. The url is www.geocities.com/bbmarchive. Just please don't mention it on IMDb, whatever you do. Keep the info about the archive here in the forum. It's also a work in progress, so more will be done to organize it in the coming months.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 04:35:33 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 05:15:43 pm »
Funny - I myself had a peek a few days ago, for the first time in 2 months at least, and was amazed to see how little was left of what I wrote.

Funny - I did not mind so much. Just dust in the wind.

All the love and beauty, and friendship, that I found then, is still very much alive in my heart and mind.

It all led us here. And thank you Jenny for the link to that site. Must say it IS heart-warming.
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 05:35:47 pm »
...is Brokeback Mountain. F**king all.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 08:58:14 pm »
Wow!  What depressing news.  I haven't been back to imdb for a long, long time.  I've been sort of scared to see what the situation is back there.  News like this always makes me extra thankful for BetterMost.  Imagine, if this place hadn't welcomed all of us imdb people, we might have completely or mostly lost touch with each other by now (I mean as a wider community).  So, thanks again Phillip and BetterMost!  :D  And thanks for the Archives, Jenny, Andrew and Co.! :D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 03:44:03 am »
i went on the other day when Vic noted that people were speculationg as to whether toothy tile was in fact the Nsync guy. first time in months.

couldn't believe it was down to 5 pages fo threads. sad.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 08:17:50 am »
I, too, went back to the IMDB boards today after months, and I'm glad I did. Of course, most of my posts are gone now, but I found a private message, a nice German lady had sent me last week. Believe it or not, she actually thanked me for all those "insightful" posts I had made concerning Brokeback Mountain and said she had enjoyed reading them for months. Wow! There obviously has been a life before Owl Olivia and the "Lines fo BBM visualized" thread... Lol.
Guess, the silly stuff has kinda taken over in my case. Should I be concerned??  :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 08:19:24 am by Pipedream »