Author Topic: Who has seen these controversial moments?  (Read 20767 times)

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Who has seen these controversial moments?
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 08:19:41 pm »
I added my votes! BTW, it only allowed me to select six items, so I took out the "f..k me" in TS1, even though I heard it!  :-\
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 09:03:30 pm »
Hey! What about "none of them"!

*grump*
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 09:54:54 pm »
Your wish is my command, too, Mel.  :) (I added "none of the above.")

Yours is, too, Diane. I had accidentally left the vote limit as the number of options I originally had -- six. Now you can select up to 10 (though I can't imagine anybody voting for all of them PLUS "none of the above").

So go ahead and reinstate "fuck me"!

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 09:57:48 pm »
I did actually hear "c'mere" in the reunion scene (long before I heard anyone discussing it). The rest, though, I don't think are really there. (Though Jack and Ennis are close to holding hands in TS1... I'm just not sure I would call it "hand-holding" exactly.)

But thanks for letting me be a grump!  :-*
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 10:05:19 pm »
I have revised my reply!! Now it accurately reflects what I heard!
Diane

Offline opinionista

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 06:31:51 am »
I'm a lip reader. On the reunion scene Ennis says c'mon or c'mere. He says something after kissing Jack. He also says I'm sorry on the TS-1, and Jack replies S'alright, s'alright.

However, he doesn't move his lips at all after he finds the shirts in the closet. I've seeing this scene over and over again, and he doesn't move his lips at all. There's no I love you. He's gets emotional, but doesn't say anything.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 11:12:02 am »
I've heard/seen it all, except for the "Oh, Jack ..."

I have found that using headphones and watching the movie on either a large screen or watching the movie close up makes a huge difference.

I have always seen Jack holding Ennis' hand. I find it interesting that others haven't seen it. However, it was pointed out that in TS1, after Ennis bolts and Jack grabs Ennis and says, “C’mon” …. Jack takes Ennis’ hand and puts it back on his hard dick. You know … it happens. Had someone not pointed that out (to me), I wouldn’t have noticed it.

That's a great idea!  Something you can hear things in headphones that you can not hear in speakers.  Maybe I'll try that next time.  I'm also trying to read their lips but that's not always reliable because some words can be spoken with out hardly moving the lips.

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 11:16:59 am »
I'm a lip reader. On the reunion scene Ennis says c'mon or c'mere. He says something after kissing Jack. He also says I'm sorry on the TS-1, and Jack replies S'alright, s'alright.

However, he doesn't move his lips at all after he finds the shirts in the closet. I've seeing this scene over and over again, and he doesn't move his lips at all. There's no I love you. He's gets emotional, but doesn't say anything.
The shirts. Ennis breathes in, exhales then "I love you", you can see his lips move although the shirts are covering 3/4 of his mouth.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 12:47:39 pm »
I just watched TS1 again (on YouTube!). I saw Jack seem to grab Ennis' hand offscreen, when they're sitting up, and put it somewhere also offscreen. I noticed Ennis settled down slightly at that point and stare more intently into Jack's eyes, as if he's getting it. So I changed my vote to include that.

I also heard, with the speakers pressed to my ears, Jack breathe some sounds that could possibly be "fuck me," or could also just be gasping. I'm not quite sure enough to add that to my vote.

I'm trying to be scrupulously empirical about this!

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 02:19:21 pm »
I just watched TS1 again (on YouTube!). I saw Jack seem to grab Ennis' hand offscreen, when they're sitting up, and put it somewhere also offscreen. I noticed Ennis settled down slightly at that point and stare more intently into Jack's eyes, as if he's getting it. So I changed my vote to include that.

Yep ... Amanda brought that one to my attention!  ;)
Diane