Author Topic: Things in your life that you will remember  (Read 28369 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Things in your life that you will remember
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 12:41:35 am »
This is a thread that needs more entries.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 04:33:13 am »
 ;)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 02:24:49 pm »
;)

Glad to see you checked in, Jack!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 03:38:52 pm »
A few years back I reacquainted with a man I had been seeing off and on for 20 years after not seeing him for a few years. We spent a great summer hanging out (as friends) but he talked a lot about his ex-wife and how much he wanted to get back with her. It made me sad but I put that aside. Fast forward to Christmas of that year and his ex decides to come visit him and meet his son. He was so excited! I didn't hear for him for weeks after she arrived and I just broke down and cried and cried and cried-more tears in that one weekend than I had cried in my life it seemed (that sure changed Jan 22, 2008). So, me and my broken heart just went on with life.

Holidays are over and I am back to my life. I drive up to my house after work one day and there is a basket on my front porch with flowers and presents and a card from  him telling me he loves me and once the ex got there he realized his feelings for her had changed and he didn't want to be with her. I went from being the saddest I had ever been to the happiest I had ever been.

There is no happy ending to this story though as we continue to see-saw in this friendship of ours.

Heathen

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 04:17:34 pm »
There are a lot of special moments in my life that I'll never forget, but one time really stood out.  I was dating a much older man at work, a scientist who was very well respected in his field.  He even worked with the guy whose research "Jurassic Park" is based on.  Anyway, we decided we needed some R&R and he booked a weekend outing to Pebble Beach.  My friend loved the area and was looking to buy property in Pacific Grove, as he wanted to retire there.  We set out early Saturday morning and arrived in  Monterey by noon.  All checked in, we left the hotel and walked up and down the streets of Monterey where we visited art galleries, saw entire families of deer walking around like they owned the place, and at night, we..well, just suffice to say that we had a great time!  I saw a few Hollywood B list actors hanging around the area; one TV star was smoking a cig under a street light, and I laughed as people walked by him, stopped, smiled and kept on.  We explored historic California forts and watched oldsters driving around the courses in golf "buggies" at Pebble Beach.  It was the best weekend I ever spent.  No kids: he had one young son living with him, and my daughter was a toddler.  My friend and I still get together once in awhile even though we live quite a ways apart.  We didn't get married because he felt I was much too young for him, and decided I needed a partner I could share my life fully with.  He didn't want me to be his nurse.  I was crushed at first, as I did love him and wanted to be with him, but in time agreed with his reasons.  

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 05:37:34 pm »
I am going to make a point of coming your way this summer so we can get together.

There are a lot of special moments in my life that I'll never forget, but one time really stood out.  I was dating a much older man at work, a scientist who was very well respected in his field.  He even worked with the guy whose research "Jurassic Park" is based on.  Anyway, we decided we needed some R&R and he booked a weekend outing to Pebble Beach.  My friend loved the area and was looking to buy property in Pacific Grove, as he wanted to retire there.  We set out early Saturday morning and arrived in  Monterey by noon.  All checked in, we left the hotel and walked up and down the streets of Monterey where we visited art galleries, saw entire families of deer walking around like they owned the place, and at night, we..well, just suffice to say that we had a great time!  I saw a few Hollywood B list actors hanging around the area; one TV star was smoking a cig under a street light, and I laughed as people walked by him, stopped, smiled and kept on.  We explored historic California forts and watched oldsters driving around the courses in golf "buggies" at Pebble Beach.  It was the best weekend I ever spent.  No kids: he had one young son living with him, and my daughter was a toddler.  My friend and I still get together once in awhile even though we live quite a ways apart.  We didn't get married because he felt I was much too young for him, and decided I needed a partner I could share my life fully with.  He didn't want me to be his nurse.  I was crushed at first, as I did love him and wanted to be with him, but in time agreed with his reasons.  

Heathen

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 06:02:34 pm »
I am going to make a point of coming your way this summer so we can get together.

Girl, come on!  I would welcome a chance to hang out with you!  You'll love my mom and my sister!  My sis is always looking out for a social situation!  :)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 09:33:05 pm »
;)
Friend, I'll always remember the time you, I and EDelMar spent exploring the Marin Coast, the headlands, and Chinatown in San Francisco in September of 2007!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 10:49:15 am »
I remember a wonderful road trip in the fall on 2005, before this thing got a hold of me, five wonderful days on the deserted Pacific Coast highway, from San Francisco to Seattle, twisting and turning with the ever present ocean blowing rain. It was a joy. I hope to do the southern part one day.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 11:26:21 am »
That is a great drive - very scenic.  It can be a scary road to travel, though, with all the twists and turns.