Author Topic: "Glee" anybody?  (Read 190535 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: "Glee" anybody?
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 12:00:28 am »
[Here's Matthew Morrison] as Lt. Cable in the Lincoln Center revival of "South Pacific":  his pants sure are going south:

Sigh. I love it when they've got that little "ridge" where the hip meets the torso. ...  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 12:11:14 am »
I hope you watched Glee tonight Jeff!  It was a really good episode.  Some truly hilarious moments (I actually found myself laughing out loud at one point).  The football team dancing on the field in full gear just absolutely cracked me up.  I thought they did that really well. But, then a really touching set of scenarios with Kurt.  The exchange with his Dad at the end was very well done I thought.

I also thought that Jane Lynch was fantastic tonight.

I'm afraid not. As much as enjoy the dancing--and Matthew Morrison--in Glee, in the end my loyalty is to my police procedurals. It was Law & Order: SVU for me. I'll keep checking TV Guide to see whethe they're rebroadcasting Glee at another time, or maybe I'll catch it in reruns in the spring.

Actually, the "over-the-top, broad humor" in the show that Paul finds attractive I find off-putting. I never really cared much for Scrubs or The Office, either (except for that boyishly cute John Krasinsky in The Office).

Extra credit: In what Jake Gyllenhaal film did John Krasinsky appear?*

Incidentally, a critic in TV Guide thinks the Glee people have made a major blunder in having Will's wife fake a pregnancy. FWIW. ...

*Jarhead
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 12:22:59 pm »
Also, I'm thrilled to see Jane Lynch in Glee.  She was a character in the L Word, and she was great in that too.

Wow, she is everywhere! Comedies like Role Models, upscale films like Julie and Julia ... I just looked at her IMDb profile, and she's been in 45 things just since 2007 -- many of them TV shows with multiple episodes, which only count as one on the list, so really far more than 45 things.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 01:04:24 pm »
Yeah, I noticed she'd been busy too when I looked at her Imdb page.  She's doing great in Glee so far I think.  I thought this most recent episode really was the strongest so far.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 12:02:45 am »
Love Glee, love the singing, love the characters, even kind of fond of the story line.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 07:12:37 am »
Love Glee, love the singing, love the characters, even kind of fond of the story line.

Same here. I've seen every episode from both seasons---some more than once!  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 07:15:52 am »
Another Glee fan here!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 08:33:51 am »
I've been sort-of catching up with the show over the summer. I enjoy the singing and the dancing.

Matthew Morrison and Mark Salling are so hawt. ...  ::)

Jane Lynch is doing a fabulous job as Sue Sylvester, though I have to admit that I quickly get bored and depressed with characters as relentlessly mean spirited as Sue. I know that's the point of her character, but I still get over characters like that very quickly.

Lea Michele must also be doing a great job as Rachel because on average of once an episode I want to slap Rachel, she annoys me so much.  :laugh:

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 10:07:39 am »
 ;D  Love their rendition of Born To Run for the Emmys

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMfnqP62ReI&feature=related[/youtube]
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 12:57:17 pm »

Yeah, I still love Glee and am so happy to see it doing so well!

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie