Author Topic: That Little Bit of Hope, Chapter 17 up!  (Read 48569 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: That Little Bit of Hope, Chapter 16 up!
« Reply #160 on: December 31, 2006, 12:26:16 am »
Chapter 17 (final chapter  :'( )

I hope you enjoy!

http://minchout.livejournal.com/15461.html
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: That Little Bit of Hope, Chapter 17 up!
« Reply #161 on: December 31, 2006, 01:12:59 am »
Lovely ending Mandy. Enough resolved but not everything tied up into a neat little package. Well done.

Heathen

mvansand76

« Reply #162 on: December 31, 2006, 05:43:23 am »
Hi Mandy!

The last chapter!  :'( I loved how you ended it with the shirts... Your dialogue is great and it was good to read that Jack was able to comfort Ennis now by holding him. How is Jack ever gonna get the divorce papers? Oh I forgot, this is the last chapter!  ;)
I wish that Jack would've stayed in Bobby's bed though. I think Bobby was acting tough when he said that and still needed his daddy with him. And sex right next to the little boy? Ouch! I don't know about that!  :o

It was a great story, I think I need to read it again from start to finish!

Mel

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #163 on: December 31, 2006, 06:50:21 am »
I wish that Jack would've stayed in Bobby's bed though. I think Bobby was acting tough when he said that and still needed his daddy with him. And sex right next to the little boy? Ouch! I don't know about that!  :o

I kind of wished that too! I think it would have been really good for Bobby to snuggle up against his father  :) Heh and the sex, well I guess they really needed each other at that moment but I think I would have gone into the shower or something!  ;D

Thanks for this beautiful story, Mandy  :) I'm really sorry to see it end  :'( I've loved it so much for such a long time but you ended it beautifully and I thank you for that   :-*

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #164 on: December 31, 2006, 01:42:43 pm »
I was wondering if anyone would say anything about that sex scene... I knew it would make a few people shudder. I'm with you, I don't think that it was the best move to make and yeah I think Bobby probably did need his dad at that point, even if he was the one to say something. I really don't have any explaination other than I think there was just so much tension after everything that happened that neither one of them could resist... they weren't thinking. I actually wrote a shower sex scene but it felt wrong... I don't know, I just kept thinking Bobby would wonder what they were getting up to in the shower together so I might as well go with my initial instinct and have them just wait till he's asleep.

(also, I find quiet sex incredibly erotic  ::):P

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I hope this last chapter wasn't too much of a let down. A few people didn't seem to expect it to end and I know that there is a lot that I didn't tie up.  :-\
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

mvansand76

« Reply #165 on: December 31, 2006, 01:56:33 pm »
And of course good luck with all the other stories you are gonna write and continue (JBLAY anyone?)

:-*

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #166 on: December 31, 2006, 02:01:48 pm »
LOL, if you're real nice you might get a chapter of JBLaY before I go out for the night  ;)

(That's if I can get this damn personal statement done...)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #167 on: January 01, 2007, 12:47:46 am »
I was wondering if anyone would say anything about that sex scene... I knew it would make a few people shudder. I'm with you, I don't think that it was the best move to make and yeah I think Bobby probably did need his dad at that point, even if he was the one to say something. I really don't have any explaination other than I think there was just so much tension after everything that happened that neither one of them could resist... they weren't thinking. I actually wrote a shower sex scene but it felt wrong... I don't know, I just kept thinking Bobby would wonder what they were getting up to in the shower together so I might as well go with my initial instinct and have them just wait till he's asleep.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I hope this last chapter wasn't too much of a let down. A few people didn't seem to expect it to end and I know that there is a lot that I didn't tie up.  :-\

Aww Mandy ~ in NO way was this last chapter a let down! Absolutely not! It was beautiful  :) And the sex scene didn't make me shudder at all!  :) And yeah, I definitely agree about the quiet sex  :P  I thought Ennis's hand over Jack's mouth was incredibly erotic ::)

So no worries and thanks again!  :-*

Oh and I will have to read JBLaY in the morning!  :) I SO need to sleep now!  ::)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2007, 04:28:38 am »
All I'm gonna say is I cried Mandy and they were good tears.  Thank You. :-*
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2007, 06:38:46 pm »

I'm a regular reader, but a late responder - I didn't think it was a let down at all!
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger