Author Topic: Jenny's China Trip - Updated with Pictures  (Read 10492 times)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Jenny's China Trip - Updated with Pictures
« on: August 15, 2006, 06:20:36 pm »
Just want to put a note up to let you know that I will be on vacation for a month.  Yep, you got that right, a whole month (who cares if my vacation balance goes negative ::)) starting this Thursday Aug 17th to Sep 17th, back to China to visit families, friends, and some sight-seeing.  I will be traveling to Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, etc., hence I won’t be able to access internet sometimes.  I will try to check in here from time to time when I can, and post some pictures of the trip.

Nobody miss me while I am gone, Ok? ;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 03:16:41 pm by JennyC »

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Jenny's China Trip
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 06:54:52 pm »
WATCH WATCH WATCH for people slipping you counterfeit money.

My brother just came back from China in June and said a little old lady slipped him a fake $50.  They had agreed on a price for a china set, then when he handed her a $50, she instantly changed her price to a higher amount that he didn't want to pay.  When he then decided against buying the tea set, that's when she did the old switcheroo.

He also said he was unable to give blood when he came back as some of the places he went to - the area where the terra cotta warriors were - were on the list for bird flu contamination.

He also said the pollution in Beijing was terrible and both he and his wife had coughs by the end of the week and pedestrians do NOT have the right of way.

But other than that, have a great time.  :)   Love ya!!  MWAH!!  :-*

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 07:31:34 am »
Have a nice trip Jenny. I'm sure everything will be fine. Just enjoy your vacations! :)
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Impish

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 10:30:17 am »
I'd love to read future posts about your adventures there...  have a great trip!   ;D
If you won't pray in my school, I won't think in your church.

Offline Impish

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 10:31:27 am »
Have a nice trip Jenny. I'm sure everything will be fine. Just enjoy your vacations! :)

Who is that in your avatar?  Is that you, Opinionista? 

If so, will you marry me?   :-*
If you won't pray in my school, I won't think in your church.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 11:08:35 am »
Bill, that's Hugh Jackman, scuze me, Ellegy, um Ellery, the current flame of Ennis. And, get in line!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 11:16:01 am »
Have a great time Jenny and get back well!   :-*

Offline opinionista

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 12:27:33 pm »
Who is that in your avatar?  Is that you, Opinionista? 

If so, will you marry me?   :-*

LOL. NO! Sorry to dissapoint you. That's Hugh Jackman. I'm a woman. Oh impish you just made me laugh.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 01:22:28 pm »
Since I started the thread, I thought maybe I should be first in line to ask for Natali's Hugh Jackman's hand in marriage.  ;D

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 01:34:19 pm »
Thanks for your well wishes!  Thank Del for your fair "warning". :)

Interesting enough, "the area where the terra cotta warriors were" is my hometown - Xi'an.  I have not heard anything regarding bird flu contamination from my family or friends.  May be it was earlier this year.  In general, air pollution is pretty bad in big cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Xi'an etc. compared with 10 years ago.  It's just something that you have to deal with and get used to.  Everyone realize it's a big problem and complain about it.  But if I go home and complain about it, people will think I am being snobbish.  Go figure, so I just keep my mouth shut.  :)

I will do my best to have updates for my trip.  I even thought ambitiously that I want to have a photo diary of the trip, but knowing myself that probably won't happen.  :P