Author Topic: Jenny's China Trip - Updated with Pictures  (Read 10476 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jenny's China Trip
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 03:19:26 pm »
Hope you have a *wonderful* trip, Jenny.  We'll look forward to seeing your photos.  :)
No more beans!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 06:59:57 pm »
Jenny!

Enjoy your vac, safe travels and ..Have a wonderful time!  ;)

Milli

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 10:06:36 pm »
Jenny -

Also can't wait to hear about your trip & see your photos!  AND, see you again next year.  :)
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2006, 02:08:45 pm »
Oh, my calm-in-the-storm, I am missing you big time!

Heathen

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2006, 02:46:43 am »
Jenny, it's your trip's halfway point.  I'm thinking of you.  What a great experience for your daughter.  clarissa

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2006, 11:15:33 am »
Sorry friends, I have not been actively checking the board while on vacation though I do have internet connection most of the times.  Just got busy with things and people. A few e-mails I have received today prompted me to check in here.  I was shocked and saddened with the news regarding Chris.  :'(

I am in Shanghai now and will stay here till the end of my vacation.  A short recap of the vacation so far is that we had a few bumps, but still thoroughly enjoy the time we spent with friends and family.  We forgot to apply for a visa to go to China for my daughter since she was born in US, therefore needs a visa to enter China(This is the dumbest thing that I have ever done).  So our vacation had been postponed by one day.  Then my daughter fell and bumped her head.  It was very scary; therefore I will not get into the details.  Anyway she got 3 stitches on her forehead and had 2 head CTs in one day just to make sure she didn't have any server head injuries.  She was up and running and being her old self after 2 days, and left us worrying what that scare will look like on her face.  Because of the accident, we had to scratch our plan to visit Jiuzhaigou and Chengdu, instead spend the time in Shanghai.  Though I regret that we can not go to visit Jiuzhaigou and Chengdu (of course, I mostly regret that my daughter is going to have a scare on her face), it was nice to have the extra time with friends and family. In the reminder time of my vacation, I still have a few friends that I will meet up, my father-in-law's 70th birthday party (banquet, for those who know how Chinese celebrate such occasions  ;)), and my college classmates' 10 years reunion party.

I did take some pictures, though not a lot.  I will organize and upload them probably when I am back in the states.

Wish you all enjoy your time and the storm shall pass.  It sucks to have things stirred up, but it won't take away what was heart felt by me.  My love to all of you who care and are truth to me and others here.

:-*

« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 11:42:01 am by JennyC »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006, 12:29:24 pm »
Jenny ~  Have fun, be safe and take care!  :)

See ya when you get back!

M.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 02:29:20 pm »
Hope this note finds everyone well!

Just want to let you know that I am back from my vacation.

I will post some pictures later.  It's going to take me a while to get them organized.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 03:02:30 pm »
Hope this note finds everyone well!

Just want to let you know that I am back from my vacation.

I will post some pictures later.  It's going to take me a while to get them organized.

Hi Jenny,

Welcome back! I hope you had a great time and a well deserved rests. I'm defnintely looking forward to see the pictures!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
At last, Pictures of Jenny's China trip
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 03:13:07 pm »
Sorry I have been putting off this for too long since I got back from my vacation.  I have spent some time to organize the photos and wrote descriptions, but then dropped it when the project was halfway done.  Anyway a recent chat room discussion with Anke reminded me that I should really finish this project.  If not for anyone else, just for myself as a summary for my China trip.  So here we go.  I am going to post the pictures in multiple posts so that I don’t have too many cramped in one.   

My trip consisted of two parts: I spent around 10 days in Xi’an, which is my hometown; and about 2.5 weeks in Shanghai.  Due to my daughter’s accident (she is fine now), we had to cancel our scheduled trip to Jiuzhaiguo, one of the most picturesque place in China.  Well, have to save that one for next time then.

Pardon my camera skills, half of the time I didn’t do justice to what I wanted to capture.  :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 03:45:04 pm by JennyC »