Author Topic: Anyone there from San Francisco  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Anyone there from San Francisco
« on: August 21, 2006, 08:25:53 am »
I am from Australia, but I chat to a lady friend in San Francisco who is obsessed like we are over BBM.

She has joined Bettermost, but is a bit shy in writing anything yet.  She has also never met anyone face to face who is a BBM fanatic, and she would love to talk to anyone that might live near her, and maybe one day have the opportunity to meet and talk.

She lives in the Bay area of San Francisco.

I have started this thread, but now I will leave it up to her, to come and and see any replies and answer them herself.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Anyone there from San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 11:48:56 am »
We have a sizable SF contingent, Katie, and they are pretty outgoing and friendly. Pete Tannen (ptannen), Eric, Julie (twistedude) and JennyC are all in the area. Jenny is traveling in China right now and off the board, but the others are around.

I hope your friend is busy exploring Bettermost, that is the best way to meet people...

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 11:54:58 pm »
Yep, there are plenty of Bay Area people on here.  We're very friendly.  We don't bite.  :) :D

Welcome Friend.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 12:40:04 am »
Nope, Eric don't bite!

O0

Heathen

Offline lil darlin

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 07:06:20 pm »
Hey there San Francisco people!
 Didn't know there were so many, but i figuered as much.  Guess I'm not paying close attention when i come on to read BetterMost posts . 
     I was wondering if anyone is interested in going to see Stephen Gyllenhaal's reading of his book Claptrap  when he comes to San Francisco.?   lil darlin     

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 09:15:22 pm »
I have to admit I'm not that interested myself.  Thanks for the invite!   :D

Wish you coulda joined us at all our SF Brokie screenings back in March & April.....   Welcome to Bettermost!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 03:01:21 am »
Glad to see you are finally over here Glory, (lil darlin).....and hope you enjoy talking to fellow SF Brokies.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 12:36:56 pm »
Hi, lil darlin, and welcome!

Yes, it's true, we SF Bay Area people are a friendly bunch, and perhaps the BBM branch is friendliest of all  ;D !

I'd love to be one of, or the first, of your face-to-face 'Brokie' meetings.  I hope you continue to post here so we can all get to know you better, and please feel free to PM me about a possible get-together--  I can tell you from experience, there's nothing so rewarding as sharing all your Brokeback thoughts, feelings and experiences with someone else who truly understands.

Hope to be talking with you soon!

Melinda
 :)
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline lil darlin

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 10:52:53 pm »
Hi Sashca,
      Thanks for writing a sweet posting, and for inviting me to message you personally.  I will do that one of these days.  I read members postings all the time.  But sometimes i get so caught up in mulling over what is written that i don't get time to reply.   Also I have to share a computer and don't always have time to get on line.  You can also instant message me on Yahoo if you like. I'd love to chat about this thing, this grand obsession.  Let me know where inthe bay area you are located.
    A  SF-CA friend   lil darlin