Author Topic: My Goal and the purpose of these messages.  (Read 3504 times)

Offline Chriscd45

• Jr. Ranch Hand
My Goal and the purpose of these messages.
« on: August 22, 2006, 09:44:41 pm »
Hi all,

First and foremost I would like to thank Phillip for allowing me to undertake this project. I will try my best to make it work to it's full potential.

I am originally a Yahoo user. But now the Yahoo board has pretty much died. While many of the "main" posters keep in contact via IMing or E-mail. Many of those users have came here and many have not. But perhaps this project will draw more of them.

I will be undertaking this project to post all the great discussions we have had there. I think these discussions should live on, especially because of all the sweat and tears we put into our work there.

I will begin this process soon and it will be gradually done, as I need to find time in between work and life.

Any questions are more then welcomed.

Thanks,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 03:26:19 pm by Phillip »
"I still feel like a child as I look at the moon, maybe I grew up a little too soon"

"If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: My Goal and the purpose of these messages.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 11:21:31 am »
I am so glad you are doing this, I know it ain't no little thing.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline BBMISWEAR

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • "You have no idea how bad it gets"
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 06:25:42 pm »
Chris, this is so great!  I sometimes think about those wonderful old posts and now we can relive them.  Thank you so much for doing this...you rock!

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 10:03:04 pm »
Hi Chris, so good to see you here.......its me, Sue, your Aussie mate...... :)

Ive been hoping for a while that the Yahoo gang would all come over here, they have so much they could add here, but some of them feel a little bit shy or like they are intruding onto someone else's territory.......Ive tried to tell them how welcome I have been made here, and now with a few more of us encouraging them over, they might join us.

You have been given a huge task, but a real worthwhile one....if I can be of any help, let me know, but remember, I am a computer "idiot" so dont expect much.

Looking forward to see how it all turns out...
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline BBMISWEAR

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • "You have no idea how bad it gets"
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 07:52:54 am »
Look who it is!!  Hi Sue...the Katie77 confused me!  I still am avoiding really participating on the board (you know how I am afraid of addiction...all things BBM...once I start I can't stop) but have been involved in the Brokie gathering happening in Boston in September.  God I wished you lived in the states and could join us...I know you would, too!  Wulf, Chris and Judy will be with me for most of that week in September...I can't tell you how excited we are to be together once again.  Maybe you can call us from down under again...that would be icing on the cake!  Talk Soon!

Offline Chriscd45

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 01:17:18 am »
Hi fellow Yahooers. So glad I have your guys support for this.

I have a horrible weekend work schedule. But I will be working on this next week.
"I still feel like a child as I look at the moon, maybe I grew up a little too soon"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 11:05:43 pm »
Welcome Yahoo people!  :) 

I was only ever on the imdb boards before finding my way to BetterMost, which I absolutely love.  So, you all want a cup of coffee don't you?  And a piece of cherry cake?
 ;)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 03:21:15 am »
Welcome Yahoo people!  :) 

I was only ever on the imdb boards before finding my way to BetterMost, which I absolutely love.  So, you all want a cup of coffee don't you?  And a piece of cherry cake?
 ;)

No m'am, couldnt eat no cherry cake right now, but thank you for the welcome.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 04:23:44 am »
I want to welcome you all too.  You know, a group of IMDbers all came here in late March together, about 50 of us.  You guys could do the same.  Encourage your friends, keep your group together!  I'm glad you are here, Clarissa

Offline Chriscd45

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 02:07:42 pm »
Thanks for the welcomes.

***UPDATE***

I am working on researching a formatting tool for the transfer. This way it will approve readability and make it easier on me.

When I find out the best way to do this. Any Yahooer is welcomed to help in there free time, just contact me.