Author Topic: Can someone help with an astrology question?  (Read 13018 times)

injest

Re: Can someone help with an astrology question?
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2006, 09:49:45 pm »
well I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Would rather get my heart broken than to wonder forever what if?

Just because it doesn't work out in all cases, is no reason to assume it won't work in this one. Some do...

and I will call you attention to the fact that we are not talking about him jumping on Chris at his lovers funeral! He has been a friend for 8 months...been spending time with him for 8 months, he says they don't date but constantly compare schedules to find time to be together....(that is a date to me)...he is not pushing Chris.

and he is not the only one in this relationship that is making an effort...we are all just human beings doing the best we can...maybe it will work out maybe it won't but I prefer to support Jeff rather than try to discourage him.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2006, 11:18:18 pm »
well I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Would rather get my heart broken than to wonder forever what if?

True, but it seems to me that Jeff has already made his intentions and feelings pretty clear to his friend and look where he is all these months later. 

There is no harm in showing someone your interest.  But if their response is only hit and miss, hot and cold, here and there, instead of enthusiasm, I'd start to have my doubts.

vkm91941

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2006, 11:38:42 pm »
Del I bet you are deadly with an air rifle on the midway at the Fair.  Those little ducks and geese got nowhere to hide from you.  :-\

All JEFF asked any of us was about the compatiblity of a couple of astrological signs and look at this.  Now the mertis of his 14 year friendship are being debated like a hot topic. Maybe Chris is still not ready it took me 7 years before I even went out on a date....and I never looked at or talked to a man before then..... the very fact that Chris even let Jeff in at all speaks volumes.

Come on give these gentlemen a break.  They deserve a chance to explore this what ever it is and make of it what THEY will, not what WE will.  Just because it happened that way for you or for me, for some other gay couple or for some straight couple....give it a rest.... it may not happen that way for these two INDIVIDUALS.

Stop shooting them down.  ???

Love is love and realtionships are relationships.... but gay couple dynamics are very different from straight couple dynamics on lots of levels and I think we are totally forgetting that these are two individuals who will bring their own twist (pun intended) and baggage to the mix.  Both Jeff and Chris deserve a chance to see if they can fall in love for the last time in their lives....with each other this time...and I for one wish them all the best in the attempt while cautioning Jeff to remain careful but hopeful.  It'll be apparent soon enough if this isn't going to work out in that way.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 02:49:10 am by Victoria »

injest

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 11:15:38 am »
Poor Chris.. sounds so confused...he reminds me a bit of my girl cat.

I rescued her from an abusive situation. She wants to be loved so much but is so afraid of getting hurt. She will dash to up to me, crouch, look up at me and as soon as I reach down to pet her she moves away; she will jump into my lap but can't lay down, all the petting has to be on her terms...remembering the pain; needing the love.

please be kind to him. The important thing is he was there. He didn't have to be, he could have stayed home or gone somewhere else.

So where are you taking him for his birthday?

(that weak in the knees feeling? wonderful isn't it? Enjoy the feelings, if nothing else, Jeff you are alive and fully LIVING your life! not just cruising thru it!)

injest

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2006, 01:50:22 pm »
WHA???? you were drinking!?! on a Saturday night??!

THUD

*Jess falls over in shocked disbelief*

injest

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2006, 01:52:02 pm »
Just kidding!!  ;)

You are a very coherent drunk...that is good! LOL!

vkm91941

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2006, 05:01:33 pm »
You two always crack me up!  ;D 

I told him I would leave that decision up to him, so we can go some place I'm sure he likes.

You are so sweet Jeff, and that is a good idea, ordinarily.  Just be careful to be sure it's not someplace he has serious memories of his partner connect to.  It should be someplace new to create a new memory for just the two of you.

Might I suggest asking him if there's any place he's heard of and been dying to try or suggesting someplace that you know is absolute fabulous that he may not have been before.

We want him focused on how nice his birthday is and wonderful you are for helping to make it so....not inspiring a trip down memory lane.

Know what I mean  ::)

vkm91941

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006, 02:57:20 am »
Sensible advice as always, Victoria. Thank you!

His birthday is Friday, September 8, so I have a little bit of time to work on that. I even said if it wasn't convenient, we wouldn't necessarily have to do it on his birthday, in case he might want to go visit his sister or his mother that weekend, we'd do it whenever he wants, just that I wanted to take him to dinner--since I'm not going to be baking no cake--unless I do.  ::)

Actually, the two times we've had dinner, at my favorite restaurant, came close to disaster. The first time we dined early, and the only other customers were two women with a very noisy small child. No offense intended to parents here, but my mother would never have tolerated me making the kind of noise that child was making in public, imposing on others. It was downright unpleasant. The next time (my birthday) the other customers included 14 raucus, er, lesbyterians celebrating someone's birthday, and we could barely hear each other over the racket.

So I figured maybe we'd have better luck if Chris picked the restaurant!  :o

Sounds like a plan  ;)  At least those two  "disasterous" dinners are the stuff that you guys can laugh about together right?   I am known as the Cake Queen in my family so if you decided to bake, let me know if you need any inspiration.  LOL  :D I've got dozens of recipes that start with a box mix and no one can tell it's not scratch when you're done.  The little league raised $200 dollars  just from auctioning off 4 of my cakes this past spring. ::) They want 10 next year..lol
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 02:59:10 am by Victoria »

injest

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2006, 12:27:32 am »
Jeff I don't see any new posts...how are things going? Can we assume no news is good news?

Hope so!

Jess
xx

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2006, 01:49:40 pm »
Does anyone know whether a Taurus and a Virgo are considered a good match, a bad match, or what?

Thanks!  :)

I'm kinda late to answer your question Jeff, but I'm taurus myself and i tend to have good and long lasting relationship with virgo people, on romantic and friendship levels. But don't rely on the horoscope, because taurus and aries aren't supposed to get a long, and I had a 3 1/2 year relationship with an aires man. We're no longer together, but we're still very good friends.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.