Author Topic: Phil Skips Stones Across the Pond of Life  (Read 157666 times)

injest

Re: Phil Skips Stones Across the Pond of Life
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2007, 12:20:38 am »
good lort..think how bad your CHEST would be hurting if not for that airbag! the pain in your wrist is a small price to pay...

that is a good example of how good this car does in a collision. How fast did you say you were going when you hit?

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #151 on: December 08, 2007, 12:25:18 am »
good lort..think how bad your CHEST would be hurting if not for that airbag! the pain in your wrist is a small price to pay...

that is a good example of how good this car does in a collision. How fast did you say you were going when you hit?

45 mph (it's a fast road in the town of Perinton, NY which is where the grocery store is located I visit every Friday.)  Now as soon as this guy was in my path, I hit the brakes instantly, but there just wasn't enough room to brake.  I didn't obviously hit him at that speed because I was braking for at least a second, but considering the damage it was fast enough!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2007, 12:28:28 am »
In some lighter news, I have brought home Christmas Treezilla 2007.  I really can't help myself.  It's another Frasier Fur, which are popular in western New York and are trucked up from the Carolinas.  It's another 7' tree and because it was still tightly wrapped, I am not sure exactly how wide this one is going to be....  Last year's conquered the living room.

John hates Christmas in general: "Phil, when are you going to get over the silly sentimentality and icons of Christmas" and either actively dislikes or ignores the Christmas tree project, so I'm bringing my 6'4" cousin over to help assemble things tomorrow.

Photos will be taken.  :)
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2007, 12:32:21 am »
Wow!  Phillip, the pics of your car are just overwhelming.  I'm so glad you escaped serious injury.

look forward to the pics of your tree!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2007, 01:25:16 am »
In some lighter news, I have brought home Christmas Treezilla 2007.  I really can't help myself.  It's another Frasier Fur, which are popular in western New York and are trucked up from the Carolinas.  It's another 7' tree and because it was still tightly wrapped, I am not sure exactly how wide this one is going to be....  Last year's conquered the living room.

John hates Christmas in general: "Phil, when are you going to get over the silly sentimentality and icons of Christmas" and either actively dislikes or ignores the Christmas tree project, so I'm bringing my 6'4" cousin over to help assemble things tomorrow.

Photos will be taken.  :)

Hey Mayor,

Well, I think you more than deserve a little fun and holiday cheer with putting up the Christmas tree after all you've been through lately.  Hope you have a great time decorating.
:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2007, 05:41:13 am »
Oh God Phillip! Thank God you are okay!! Those pictures are conjuring up really bad visions for me. I was in a car accident about a year ago, and those pictures of yours look eerily like mine. I skidded across two lanes on I-465 and collided against the guard rail. I guess in both of our cases, we had an angel sitting on our shoulder. Those airbags hurt like hell, but I'm glad they were in my car.

I'm so happy you are okay.

{{{PHILLIP)))

Please take good care of yourself!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2007, 08:41:57 am »
geesh Phillip - Jess is right - glad you had such a safe car.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2007, 08:53:45 am »
Those pictures are awful, Phillip. Yikes...glad you are safe!

Treezilla....heh heh heh....

My old house has small rooms and low ceilings, so we look for the smallest tree on the lot. Here in Maine, most trees come from Canada.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2007, 01:44:57 pm »
Jeez Phillip, thank god for airbags!

I'll look forward to the decorarting pics! My husband's in the same categorie as you I think. I think we'll have to cut the top of the tree he bought home today, otherwise, it won't fit in our living room.

He'll be decorating tomorrow too, together with the kids. And I'll be making egg nog for the first time in my life!  :o
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2007, 02:01:00 pm »
ai yi yi!

(I havent got any airbags I don't think... my car is a 1988.)  But then again I've never hit anything so....
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”