Author Topic: Seeing the Pope  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Seeing the Pope
« on: September 11, 2006, 11:16:37 am »
Not that I expect this to be of any greater relevance to most of you fellow Brokies, but at the moment, it feels like seeing the Pope everywhere, here in Bavaria. Just switch on the television or open any newspaper: there he is.
Benedict XVI arrived in Munich on Saturday for his first official visit to his Bavarian homeland since he was announced Pope last year. My sister and my dad pilgrimaged to the former Munich Airport Riem on Sunday to attend the huge Mass there. They wanted me to come along, too, and I probably would have gone, hadn’t I just come home from Italy the day before. It just would have been a bit too much. Well, what exactly did I want to say? Yeah, it’s definitely easier to see the Pope these days than either Jake or Heath…  ::)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Seeing the Pope
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 06:18:55 pm »
I'm not a big fan of the pope.  Any of them.  But if I had the chance I'd probably go, just so I could say I'd seen the man.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 06:23:33 pm »
No offense but I'd rather see Jake than the Pope. Anytime! Jake is not only hotter and nicer to see but also more insteresting!   ;)
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 01:39:45 pm »
Yeah, what he said.

Until that trip to Bavaria I had about forgot about him.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."