Author Topic: An Important Message for "Hidden Users"  (Read 12413 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: An Important Message for "Hidden Users"
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2006, 04:09:49 pm »
I was just wondering if I was one of the hidden people and didn't realize it.

You have to chose to be hidden...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

vkm91941

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 05:58:09 pm »
Phillip wrote: Okay, folks.  Everyone needs to settle down on this.  First, no personal attacks on here... ever (except disparaging trolls, it's fun for venting).  My ultra important top number one mega nuclear super duper serious rule is no personal attacks.  There is nothing wrong with debating issues, but leave personalities out of it.

We are all one big family here and we need to be here to support each other.  We can't do that if people lash out at each other.  I won't allow this to happen because it would be just as bad as the trolls.

Thanks for understanding this.[/quote[

Thank You Phi, you are so rightl...Words to live by People listen up!

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2006, 06:49:33 pm »
I hope Surf hasn't gone for good. Hell, braving blizzards to go to Santa Monica - he's the mailman of Brokies. And as for slagging off Windows, doesn't everybody?

TheStudDuck

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 07:10:17 pm »
While I understand why the feature is being turned off... I'm somewhat saddened by it.  You know, the whole sacrificing freedom for security thing... it all seems like what's going on in our country today.

I've been one of the people opting for the hidden option... but I was only doing it for this week because I've been doing a lot more lurking than I have been posting.  I had planned to turn it off whenever I got back into the swing of things and was done with my "me time" week.

I understand why people might be wary of the "hidden" feature... but I don't understand why so many complaints were filed when nothing bad happened.  Here I had been reamed for being so sensitive during the first days... and here people are submitting complaints because a user has opted to be hidden?  Weird...

I will have to express my disappointment with this... simply because the deactivation of it has come from no happenings whatsoever.  Just a not of paranoid tremblayans.  All I really have to say is that if I've "gone of the deep end" because I think there should be a few people in charge of the inviting... then I don't even know what this is.

There have been no troll posts whatsoever... no reason to even suspect that the hidden users are trolls.  I could understand if there was a reason to deactivate it... but in my eyes, paranoia is not a reason.  I shall be riding out the hidden feature until whenever it is kicked this week.  I think most people have realized that usually when there's two hidden, I'm one of them.  I don't know who the other person is that is opting to be hidden... but he doesn't seem to be causing any trouble.

That's all from me.
David

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 07:15:14 pm »
Hey Stud. I agree, I didn't really have a problem with the hidden feature since this site is so well moderated (yay Phillip!). That being said, I kinda like being able to see who else is on the board or on the same thread with me. Were you afraid someone would try to talk to you directly if they saw you were there when you didn't want to be posting?

TheStudDuck

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2006, 07:22:27 pm »
Actually, I was just tired of people saying to me:  "I thought you were taking a break, I thought you were taking a break, why are you still here, I thought you were taking a break, you keep coming here, I thought you were taking a break."

Yeah, I've been lurking from time to time the past several days... but I haven't been posting as much... the hidden feature just allowed me to lurk freely without people knowing that I was here.  I actually liked it a lot and I felt free to lurk a lot more than I did before I found out how to do it.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2006, 07:27:40 pm »
I'm not sure anybody was exactly complaining about the hidden people, just expressing some range from curiosity to concern.  StudDuck isn't the only one who has used the hidden feature.  Don't worry, be happy.  Let's enjoy Shangri-la.

Offline Spooky_Rabbit

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jimmy
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2006, 07:33:15 pm »
Hey Stud,

I thought you were taking a break.  I thought you weren't coming here.   ???   ;D

Come out, come out little hidden one.  We'll find ya like an Easter egg and toss ya in our basket!

Ugh. No more latte for me...   :P
I know I shall meet you on that final day! Water Walkin' Jesus, take me away...

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2006, 07:54:22 pm »
I'm with surf on this.  I think removing an option that is well used on other boards of this type is a bit overboard.

vkm91941

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2006, 08:26:28 pm »
I feel very strongly that we have no business coming here on Phillips board and then start insisting on changes to suit ourselves as if we were the only posters here.  This is NOT right.  Everyone here should have the option of using any and all features available on this board. But Not to dictate what others will use.

When you see hidden at the top of the screen you KNOW it's a registered member who  for his own PERSONAL reasons chooses to lurk.  Learn to accept this feature and get use to it.  That's my suggestion for everyone.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 08:36:27 pm by vkm91941 »