Author Topic: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)  (Read 698509 times)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Mike & I have been on a healthy eating diet and good exercise plan.  I've lost 10 pounds in about 1 month.  Loving it.  ;D

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Mike & I have been on a healthy eating diet and good exercise plan.  I've lost 10 pounds in about 1 month.  Loving it.  ;D

Excellent news, Eric. Congrats!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!

Wow, great news!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
Re: I Wish I Knew How to LOSE You--The Weight Loss Thread (check first post)
« Reply #803 on: August 02, 2011, 12:37:14 am »
Way to go, Eric, and congrats!!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #804 on: August 11, 2011, 09:47:33 am »

focusing back on my diet, and in the past few days, have lost 5 pounds.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #805 on: August 11, 2011, 11:14:18 am »
Excellent, Chuck!  I need some inspiration to get back on track.  :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #806 on: August 11, 2011, 05:28:25 pm »
Well done Chuck!

I'm currently 13stone 13. So thats 29lb lost since Jan 10th
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #807 on: August 12, 2011, 02:42:43 pm »
Wow, that's terrific, Kelda! I haven't weighed myself lately, I'm just going by how my skinny jeans fit. They fit just fine but I can tell there's still a pound or two extra on my frame that could be eliminated. However, lately I've been wondering if I should be eating more. It doesn't seem like I have the stamina that I need to do some of the things I want to do, like climb a fourteener while bearing a heavy backpack. I'm looking at adding more protein and whole grains to my diet, which means, sigh, I'll have to exercise more to avoid gaining weight! Fortunately, in the summer it's not hard to find ways to do that.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #808 on: September 21, 2011, 03:07:23 pm »
It's been a  good summer, fitness-wise, for me. Here are some of the things that have worked out for me:

Eating breakfast. I eat a healthy breakfast most days and it gives me more stamina throughout the day. I usually eat some kind of whole grain cereal with at least two fruits on top (usually banana and some berries) and 1% milk. Occasionally I will have 1 egg with some whole grain toast, a tomato slice, and sometimes a small slice of ham. Also sometimes I have a full Irish breakfast, with vegetables and hash brown potatoes. If I have to skip breakfast, I eat a granola bar.

Lighter dinners: I usually have an early dinner sometimes even around 4 pm if I've skipped lunch. It consists of a few ounces of chicken, fish, or red meat plus two or three vegetables such as sweet potatoes, squash, onions, eggplant, mushrooms or broccoli. Also I often have fruit such as broiled peaches in a spicy oriental sauce. Unless a whole grain is available, I just have a couple of bites of rice or pasta, and if I eat potatoes, I eat them with the skins. I try to avoid eating or drinking anything after 8 pm

Eating out: I try to limit this to once or twice a week, and I schedule extra workouts before or after.

Snacks: I have my favorite "cheating" foods and I've done a good job cutting back on them this summer, especially milk, which I used to put in my coffee, but no more, and raw almonds, which I try to limit to one handful a day. In the afternoons, if I have the urge to eat a snack, I have dinner instead. I keep my alcohol consumption to two small glasses of white wine per day and often I go without.

Exercise: I work out every day or every other day. Once a month, I schedule an all-day hike or other strenuous activity. I use my ipod when working out, and my workout data is sent to Nike+ where I can review it. I change my workout goals often and vary my workout for the best results.

Attitude: I fall off this regimen regularly, but I just pick myself up and get right back on! I hope some of these tips might help you.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #809 on: November 06, 2011, 03:56:46 pm »
I've had a pretty good summer too.

I saw my doctor on Friday (Finally got that Z-pack I've been practically begging for - and already feeling human again.  ::)  I played the Mom card, as in "If you don't fix me, she is going to catch this *again* and while I will just continue being miserable, she will die.")

But back to the topic - my weight is down another 5 lbs since I saw her in June...She read off the numbers and it's been a steady progression since June 2009, when I came back to Boston:  roughly 230-223-215-209-205-199.  Thirty-one lbs in a little over two years?  Sounds pretty good, and I like that big picture - I go a bit nuts looking at a scale every day.

I've not been doing too much differently - I walk quite a bit.  And eating with Paulie a few times a week is definitely healthy - for awhile there, we were off the carbs almost entirely.  I'd like to get back to that.  Otherwise, I'm still trying to find some way to commit to a schedule where exercise is a priority, but I don't seem to be able to keep any sort of schedule for very long.

:-\
"Laß sein. Laß sein."