Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263319 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #360 on: August 01, 2010, 10:56:00 pm »
{{{{{{{{LYNNE}}}}}}}} That is so nice. You have a treasure there.

I do indeed, Shasta.  Thank you.  {{{{{Shasta}}}}}

A little piece of him and his dreams for the future.  And I have priceless memories too of the time we had together, which was too brief, but nonetheless intense and intimate the way meeting some Brokies tends to be.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #361 on: August 01, 2010, 11:50:37 pm »

Rich loved BBM Radio.  He listened to it all the time.

I've taken some of the songs people have posted on here and on Facebook for Rich and have added them to the radio playlist.   :)

Offline dontwanttosayGB

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Never enough time, never enough...
« Reply #362 on: August 02, 2010, 12:30:52 am »

I really hate that he doesn't have those more years.

Yes, that is the saddest part...
...the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain...

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #363 on: August 02, 2010, 12:43:05 am »

I've taken some of the songs people have posted on here and on Facebook for Rich and have added them to the radio playlist.   :)

Thank you, Eric.  I couldn't get BBM Radio to work for me yesterday, but I will try again.  As I just posted over in my blog, I'm definitely using music to help.  It's a distraction but at the same time seems to give all my random thoughts some focus.

:-* :-* :-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: All Brokies read! Emergency!!!!!!
« Reply #364 on: August 02, 2010, 01:31:14 am »
I've also been thinking about Rich's courage to make really big changes.  He took big risks and found a beautiful life.  When he took the first steps to come out, he didn't know he would find Gene.  He was afraid he would lose his daughter, whom he always makes very clear is the light of his life.  He was afraid he would lose his family's respect, but he didn't.  He had a lot to risk, and he risked it.  And he found a beautiful life.

I've often thought of Rich with admiration.

These are the same qualities that I have always admired about Rich. He truly made all of these steps and he did find that beautiful life. He accomplished more in these few short years than many of us will ever accomplish.

You can say that twice and mean it!!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #365 on: August 02, 2010, 03:57:37 am »
I have been without computer for a few days attending my family reunion-Elle sent me texts with the sad news. It was pretty surreal trying to be present for my family when my mind was here. Neither the hotel lobby nor my brother's house seemed the right place to face this tragic turn of events. Or maybe I just kept putting it off because I didn't want to face it. So here I am now, crying on my couch in the comfort of my own home with friends around me.

After hearing so much about Rich, I was finally able to met him in New York last year. Every glowing and gushing praise of him was true.

I believe (Heath made me believe) in the infinite possibility. The people that you love in life have a way making their presence known after they leave.
My heart goes out to all of us.

Heathen

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #366 on: August 02, 2010, 04:01:27 am »
Can't see the quilt here at work Clarissa, but I bet it looks wonderful, and I'm glad you accomplished that tover the weekend and tis cool that you could concentrate won it when thinking of Rich - as you say the devoted father.

Leslie, Kerry, Chuck, Lynne and others who mentioned it - I also am happy for Gene that Rich came to him. I hope he comes to Gene again. And others too.

Lee, so true so true, hello to brokies new and old. It nice to see you here, adding some kind words.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and for reaching out to BetterMost. If you have been gone for awhile, stay a spell, have a cup of coffee, a piece a cherry cake (or not). It's comforting to see old friends and know that you are doing okay.

I have a sympathy card now here sitting in my desk. I don't want to write it. It's true then. But I also need to think carefully about what I will write.

Chuck. please tell Gene not to worry about replying to messages from people, on here, on facebook or wherever. People understand what he's going through but just want to give him a little support. They don't need a reply.

Kelda
x

(((Brokies)))
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #367 on: August 02, 2010, 06:06:18 am »
Thanks everyone, I do feel good that the quilt is entwined with Rich.  He was such a devoted father.  I loved and admired that about him a great deal.

Clarissa

Yes.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #368 on: August 02, 2010, 06:09:28 am »

Great idea!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #369 on: August 02, 2010, 06:29:32 am »
The quilt is gorgeous, Clarissa - I agree with what everyone has said - it's nice that you have memories of Rich attached to it.

Tonight I took out my hardback copy of Brokeback Mountain to read the story aloud to Ronny, who has only seen the film.  Some of you may remember this book - I toted it around and got autographs until it was rained on earlier this year and then I retired it.  I could still throttle that landlord and his leaky roof over this.

Ronny did have the good idea that we should scan all the pages with autographs so as not to lose them.

Anyhow, when I opened it, the first thing that jumps out at me and catches my eye inside the front cover is this big signature "Rich".

:'(

Here's what he wrote - punctuation, capitalization, and line placement are exact.

"Lynne,
What a Joy it has been getting to know you.
This ain't no little thing ya know!
Look forward to many more years of good times.
From Don Wroe's cabin
9-28-08
Love,
Rich"

:'( :'( :'(

(((Lynne)))

I had similar thoughts yesterday. I have many autographs of my Brokies friends in my STS book. It has travelled literally thousands of miles with me, I have taken it into my hands countless times. It starts to fall apart, and I handle it with much care now, because it is such a treasure.
And yesterday I thought, now I will never get Rich's autograph in my beloved book. Just another random and sad thought in all this.
 :'(

Thanks for sharing Rich's entry in your book.

He should have many more years to have that sweet life with Gene. And by all means he should see his daughter grow up into the beautiful young woman one can already sense in some of the newer pics.

My thoughts keep going back to Gene and Elisabeth. It's just so unfair.